Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
After installing this stable version, I can't find the old Edge in start menu. Even my pinned shortcut is removed. It's present here of course: "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" but there's only the new Edge in start menu.
After installation of the new Edge (Chromium), the old Edge is being replaced. It is normal behavior.

mike6688

Level 2
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
I've made the switch to this version of Edge. I tried a few of the Beta's and canary builds and really enjoyed them. This has now replaced Chrome on my laptop. Only issue I've had is with Sophos as Sophos keeps saying it has detected an exploit (I think it's something to with Windscribe being installed as it doesn't happen otherwise). This ha sbeen reported to Sophos. No other issues and running really well.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I see my official buid has got an update to version 79.0.309.5
(y)
Dev, Beta and Stable at the same build?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Yes i also have dev installed and it is at the same version (dev and official) i don't know about the beta ? :)
Beta is still at 78.0.276.20 :unsure:

Although they are in the same build I only get the rendering errors I mention in my previous post in the final version.
Yep, notices the same thing, there not completely the same. Keep reporting those issues.(y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
No I haven't, great idea, just reported them to MS.
An example is this site: AskVG - Windows Tips, Troubleshooting and Customization
Fonts are a lot smaller when displayed in Stable, no such problem with Beta, Dev or Google Chrome stable.
Hope other members can confirm this with Stable?
I see no difference in all 3 browsers (stable, dev and Google chrome), they are all the same font size.
I think you should check in settings and reset fontsize at 100%

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.