Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Is where any Infos for that see my screenshot into the circle to Show the sites that i type into the addressbar

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Microsoft Edge Chromeium Wish 01.jpg
    Microsoft Edge Chromeium Wish 01.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 206
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Hi all

Is where any Infos for that see my screenshot into the circle to Show the sites that i type into the addressbar

With best Regards
Mops21
You use the old Internet Explorer, not the recommend Chromium-Edge.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I'm having a small issue with Edge's initial opening. I've had this happen every 3rd or 4th launch. What happens is: Edge opens virtually instantly but with all the quick launch shortcuts that I think are defaults or whatever. After 5 seconds, my personal shortcuts sort of fade in automatically.

Anyone else? It started after Edge's update to Chrome 86. :rolleyes: Submitted feedback already via the browser feedback function. Anyone can give some info on this?

edge quick launch wrong ones.png

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I'm having a small issue with Edge's initial opening. I've had this happen every 3rd or 4th launch. What happens is: Edge opens virtually instantly but with all the quick launch shortcuts that I think are defaults or whatever. After 5 seconds, my personal shortcuts sort of fade in automatically.

Anyone else? It started after Edge's update to Chrome 86. :rolleyes: Submitted feedback already via the browser feedback function. Anyone can give some info on this?

I use this instead: Speed Dial [FVD] - New Tab Page, 3D, Sync...

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Same here as @oldschool, I don't using quick launch shortcuts by Edge but this issue is might be related to pre-loading websites from shortcuts...
Of course, that's just my guess ;) Please inform us here for any reply by developers from Microsoft.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
October 22, 2020
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 86.0.622.51), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains CVE-2020-15999, that has been reported by the Chromium team as being an active exploit. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
86.0.622.5110/22/202086.0.4240.111HighCVE-2020-15999 *, CVE-2020-16000, CVE-2020-16001, CVE-2020-16002, CVE-2020-16003

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
One change, maybe somewhat frivolous but I like it.

I can change from the Bing image o' the day to my own wallpaper. It's under Custom arrow. Anyone else try this out yet? Now to work on getting rid of some more clutter. But it's a step in the right direction.

Oh and the update on here took place in the background, don't know when exactly. Definitely no grass grew under the feet of Edge with this zero day.

edge homepage.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
VPN (windscribe) not working with Edge with the latest update : Edge Version 86.0.622.51 (Official build) (64-bit)
Chromium and Firefox work fine . I dont know if i am the only one having issues with recent couple of Edge updates being buggy .
You meant Windscribe for Windows or Windscribe Browser-Extension ? :unsure:

I'm using occasionally Windscribe for Windows, here it works properly together with latest Edge Version 86.0.622.51 (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In addition, Microsoft is rolling out an important update for Chromium Edge (stable) that finally addresses one annoying issue where cookies are deleted without user permission.

When this happens, you’ll be asked to log in to your accounts on every browser restart.

In a forum post, Microsoft confirmed the fix is rolling out with today’s update (v86.0.622.56) and affected users can test it by turning on clearing Hosted app data again in Edge > Settings > “clearBrowsingDataOnClose”.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.