Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
But if you hide the extensions button, you won't be able to hide the extensions individually unless you enable that button back again.
Yes exactly. That's the problem. I already knew it can be hidden before I posted the screenshot above but it's not useful as it shows all the extensions without an option to individually hide them. So yeah the previous design was much better IMO.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Got this while downloading a image file from Yandex Disk. After few minutes tried again and got no warning, weird.
Screenshot 2021-07-23 200408.png

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Same as @Gandalf_The_Grey , on my Edge start-page/new-tab, there is one button (settings) only on top right corner, but I have chosen "custom" and content disabled...
I use the same settings as you but have the other two widgets. Maybe this visual trash is rolled out in phases, and since I'm in the U.S. I get more trash!

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah, I was getting that too recently, coinciding with an earlier Edge update (not this one). I turned off the Notifications as S M G had suggested and so far, no red stuff (so irritating). Remains to be seen if it comes back. Does anyone have that "Follow Interests" link? It doesn't open to anything, which is actually a hopeful sign. :unsure:

I only mentioned this b/c I' d actually like to point out the Bing points which Microsoft ironically "donates" on my behalf to the Nature Conservancy. What's wrong with that, you ask? Nothing, only millions of devices potentially ending up in landfill or worse because of this Windows 11 thing. No biggie. 🤬:whistle::coffee:

edge notif.PNG

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Edge 92.0.902.62 fixes PDF freeze bug
Microsoft has also updated the Edge browser to version 92.0.902.62 as of July 29, 2021. The release notes on the beta channel state that various bugs and performance issues have been fixed. German blog reader Uli writes that this update fixes the issues described in the blog post Microsoft Edge 92.0.902.55: Fixes vulnerabilities, causes freezes in PDFs.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I always see weather in the top left corner, which is OK, but If I scroll down a little, I see "news" and ads which can't be blocked by uBO.
You may use the new tab page settings to customize it and remove news content. Have you tried this?

Edit: Oops! I just clicked on the weather and it brings up a M$ web page with weather details, news, etc. Just don't click on it, I guess.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I get a weird error logged every time I update Edge: "PWA Identity Proxy Host stopped responding and was closed." Perhaps it's because I use a custom DOH (which also messes up captive portals on Edge but not Firefox).

You may use the new tab page settings to customize it and remove news content. Have you tried this?
I wasn't aware of that setting, but I'll try it; thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.