Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
PlayStore still has that old version for me.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
PlayStore still has that old version for me.
I don't see or have the new version either.
The update appears to be rolling out in stages. I don't see version 92 on my device at this time, but it is available for some people. You can check the Google Play Store to see if an update is available on your device.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Finally, the release notes are published for the desktop version:
Version 92.0.902.62: July 29
Fixed various bugs & performance issues.

Modified Policy
AutoplayAllowed – Setting to “Disabled” now sets media autoplay to “Limit”
Now waiting for a new update with the latest chromium security updates...

My Android version remains at 46.06.2.5160, so it seems that the unified code base version is not in stable yet. Unlike what was mentioned on some websites.
It's in beta so hopefully it will soon arrive in stable.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

August 5, 2021
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 92.0.902.67), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
92.0.902.678/5/202192.0.4515.131

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Have others noticed Edge's homepage annoying news notification? and found a solution for it? It seems like there's no way to disable it.
I'm still getting these red numbers next to the bell on the homepage. Clicking on the Settings in the little window that says "you're all caught up" just closes it. Tried all the "notifications" channels I could find--not successful.

Anyone figured this one out? It's so....I dunno, THERE when you open Edge at times. Tried to follow this remarkably convoluted and unhelpful thread in the MS community and ended up like the poster on the last post.

ms notif edge.png

Does just Edge have something like a Feedback Hub?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I'm still getting these red numbers next to the bell on the homepage. Clicking on the Settings in the little window that says "you're all caught up" just closes it. Tried all the "notifications" channels I could find--not successful.

Anyone figured this one out? It's so....I dunno, THERE when you open Edge at times. Tried to follow this remarkably convoluted and unhelpful thread in the MS community and ended up like the poster on the last post.

Honestly, I never seen this mentioned "news notification", but this time sounds really annoying, I recall a similar issue on Edge's homepage/new-tab about "suggestions", that was impossible to disable inside browser settings, Fortunately there was a way to disable via "flags".

Another story like that, on every browser launch I have always to accept once for this cookie notification of MSN and Microsoft Bing. I don't like to keep all related cookies stored in Edge, finally I was tired to deal with such annoyance from Microsoft and just chosen a browser-extension to change Edge's homepage/new-tab.
Of course, every additional browser extension might be a real security risk, but in this case I'm fine with that ;)

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

I clicked on the notification bell and to the right of each item in the list I clicked on not interested or something to that effect. The red numbers disappeared and eventually (can't remember how long) the notification bell also disappeared on it's own. This worked for all three of my browser profiles. Good luck! (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.