Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft Edge Stable Channel Version 103.0.1264.49

July 6, 2022​

Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 103.0.1264.49), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains a fix for CVE-2022-2294, that has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Guys, can you check this?
Visit this site: FotMob
Then in the search box above, type anything football related like team name/player name. Does it show search suggestion like this?
1.png
For me, it works in both Chrome and Firefox, but not in Edge. Even when tracking protection and enhanced security are disabled. It's been like this for many months. I thought the search function is broken on this site until I tried it on Firefox today and realized this happens on Edge only.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Guys, can you check this?
Visit this site: FotMob
Then in the search box above, type anything football related like team name/player name. Does it show search suggestion like this?
View attachment 267916
For me, it works in both Chrome and Firefox, but not in Edge. Even when tracking protection and enhanced security disabled. It's been like this for many months. I thought the search function is broken on this site until I tried it on Firefox today and realized this is happens on Edge only.

Can confirm. Works in Firefox. Does not work at all in MS Edge.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I also notice that Amazon Prime video x-ray does not always work in Edge, but always works in Chrome.
I also faced issue with Twitch stop playing video in a background tab even if I exclude twitch from sleeping tabs, which is not required btw since sleeping tabs by design doesn't interfere with running playback. e.g.: No issue with YouTube and Spotify.
History syncing issue, device info not getting deleted from Edge sync even after signing out, search suggestion breaking on that site I mentioned, your Amazon prime playback issue, slow and laggy settings search function and etc. issues I see on two of Edge's subreddit means Edge still has a way to go to become as stable as Chrome and even Firefox. These will get fixed quickly only if they concentrate more on fixing bugs rather than adding unnecessary features.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Edge still has a way to go to become as stable as Chrome and even Firefox. These will get fixed quickly only if they concentrate more on fixing bugs rather than adding unnecessary features.
I couldn't agree more though I haven't faced some of the issues you and @Sammo experienced as I do more basic browsing, not a lot of video sites, etc.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

Version 103.0.1264.62: July 14

Fixed various bugs and performance issues. We recommend that users install this update to address the following issue.

Known issue​

Microsoft Edge on 32-bit (x86) Windows 10 Version 1809 may experience startup issues with the upcoming July Non-Security Windows Updates (KB5015880 - 17763.3224). This is fixed with the latest Microsoft Edge Stable channel release, version 103.0.1264.62. Enterprise users encountering this issue on Microsoft Edge Extended Stable channel version 102 need to disable the NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy.

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel
docs.microsoft.com

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 103.0.1264.71: July 22 released
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 103.0.1264.71). For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
103.0.1264.717/22/2022103.0.5060.134
Microsoft Edge 103.0.1264.71 (July 22, 2022) with fix for vulnerability used in the wild
Microsoft has updated the Edge browser in the stable channel to version 103.0.1264.71 as of July 22, 2022. It is a maintenance update that also includes a fix for the vulnerability CVE-2022-2294. Thanks to the user for pointing this out.

The release notes don't give any more details about the update, except that CVE-2022-2294 is fixed. This is a rated critical vulnerability (buffer overflow in WebRTC) that has already been closed in Chrome. Google is aware that the vulnerability is being exploited in the wild. Bleeping Computer colleagues reported here that the vulnerability was exploited to infect and exploit journalists in the Middle East with the Candiru spyware. The primary source is this AVAST post.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft says it is investigating Edge Collections Sync issues; to be fixed in version 104​

A Microsoft representative has confirmed that the Redmond company is investigating the issues, and that the developers are working on a fix for it.
The statement reveals that Microsoft Edge for Android has a bug that makes the Collection Sync button unusable, i.e., it cannot be enabled or disabled even when the feature's flag is on. This bug is expected to be patched in the next update for the app

The issue also affects Microsoft Edge Prism Collections on Desktop and Mobile, this is the new feature (inspiration feed), that will add content inspired by your collections and the web.
A fix for this issue will be issued when Edge 104 is released. For reference, the update is scheduled to be rolled out in the week of August 4.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Microsoft says it is investigating Edge Collections Sync issues; to be fixed in version 104​

I even replied in the post 3 days ago, but worryingly it didn't receive a reply. But it seems "#2 - Desktop/mobile prism sync issues" will fix my history syncing issue.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017

Microsoft Edge's Enhanced Security Mode explained​

Microsoft Edge's Enhanced Security Mode is an optional security feature of Microsoft's web browser that is designed to improve protection against attacks on the Internet.
Called Super Super Secure Mode during its experimental testing phase, Enhanced Security Mode blocks access to the Just In Time compiler; this reduces the attack surface and makes it more difficult to use exploits according to Microsoft.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
This video below I think is very good and related to the article above as well:
Enable ALL These Windows Security Features! - YouTube

Reactions: Nevi and mkoundo

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Under edge://settings/privacy is Use secure DNS greyed out for you guys as it is for me?

edge dns settings.png

If I hover over the briefcase it shows the message: This setting is managed by your organization, even though under Group policy settings there is no evidence it's being managed there. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Under edge://settings/privacy is Use secure DNS greyed out for you guys as it is for me?

View attachment 268279

If I hover over the briefcase it shows the message: This setting is managed by your organization, even though under Group policy settings there is no evidence it's being managed there. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.
It is if you enabled a group policy or registry key for Edge.
I have turned on the registry key to enable appcontainer for the renderer process.
It can happen from programs like ooshutup10

Reactions: wat0114

wat0114

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
It is if you enabled a group policy or registry key for Edge.
I have turned on the registry key to enable appcontainer for the renderer process.
It can happen from programs like ooshutup10

Okay so you mean with these registry settings I have, it could grey the secure DNS options out?

registry dns edge.png

I definitely have nothing configured for Edge under Group policy. Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.