Microsoft: It's Hard to Upgrade Everyone to Windows 10 Without Angering Some People

D

Deleted member 178

Hmm.. what I can possibly see and predict is that there is two possiblity:

1) Upgrade to Win 10. Got Incompatiblity/ bug - report it / patch the hole temporarily while waiting for updates continually.

2) Stay to Window 8/8.1/7/XP. Got issue but no update support, find glue to patch those holes and hope no more leaks.

You want a funny story:

I had some people upgrading from win7 to win10; after they got various incompatibilities. they told me their stories and said "if i knew i wont upgrade" i ask them " did you check if the drivers of your hardware have updates?"

Guess what they answer? "where?" , i took their laptop 20mn, update the drivers, all works fine...

what i want to say, many users aren't techies and don't even have the thinking methodology needed to handle an OS upgrade.

Either way, to me doesn't make a difference. There are still holes.
I upgrade Win 10 because
a) it's free
b) it's convenient for me to work since more and more are upgrading to Win 10.
c) more things to play
d) I'm a just basic user. So does billions of people around the world. I don't have the expertise to know what's so buggy and what sort of incompatiblity between them. Got holes - patch it. Still holes - let it be. If you offer something free and claim to be better, why not?

You resumed here why upgrading to Win10 is not a mistake and should be done if possible.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Interesting quote from @Umbra , "work on MS office....."
that nail us, I saw several friend of mine still using MS office when they use OSX. MS office is Microsoft omnipotent feature.
;)

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
You resumed here why upgrading to Win10 is not a mistake and should be done if possible.

Indeed, can't help but wondering what is so wrong being upgrading to Wins 10 (for myself)? It's free anyway.

D

Deleted member 178

Interesting quote from @Umbra , "work on MS office....."
that nail us, I saw several friend of mine still using MS office when they use OSX. MS office is Microsoft omnipotent feature.
;)

yes , the true weapon of MS is Office, they managed to put it on almost every companies, many people take paid courses to handle it, etc...
Those won't switch to LibreOffice or other alternatives, anyway they are less good than Office.

Indeed, can't help but wondering what is so wrong being upgrading to Wins 10 (for myself)? It's free anyway.

you will see when it will not be free anymore , the same people who refused to upgrade today will blame MS for it ^^

Reactions: Vasudev

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
yes , the true weapon of MS is Office, they managed to put it on almost every companies, many people take paid courses to handle it, etc...
Those won't switch to LibreOffice or other alternatives, anyway they are less good than Office.

Reminds me of good-ole-day where I have to attend MS Office course on how to use Words, Excel, Powerpoint. Imagine the amount of $$ I spend on that to master what the heck is that... ^^

you will see when it will not be free anymore , the same people who refused to upgrade today will blame MS for it ^^

That's normal ^^ Expecting alot of finger pointing to MS (even to the extent of lawsuits). :D

D

Deleted member 178

and i don't even talk about Photoshop , other can't reach its level or retouching; you believe i could remove all the imperfections on my face in less than a minute :p

D

Deleted member 178

since the first Windows , backdoors existed, they didn't just waited Win10 lol

"when you choose to go on internet , you just allowed the world to spy on you"

Privacy = no connected technology items

S

Smith83

Just extreme spying with windows 10, just a bit discerning that they push it out, and give it away. With all the spyware that is loaded on it, people are just letting it happen. Every day more and more, what gets me is some people are saying, well if you have nothing to hide then do not worry about it. I would rather not be watched every second of every day. It's enough that each stoplight has camera on it, now they want to have one in our homes as well.....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

so just tweak it , you have so many tools that disable the telemetry. It took 10sec to do it.

Reactions: Smith83
S

Smith83

That is besides the point, the majority of people will not know anything about that. No big deal, I will not install it until support for windows 7 is done anyhow. :)

S

Smith83

I only never use any of that crap. I had a Facebook in the past, but realized it is just crap. I call it spybook, you are right people are willing to document their whole lives on that crap, without any second thoughts......

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
The problem isn't Windows 10. The issue would probably be the same if they were talking about any other OS. The problem lies in the way Microsoft has decided to act, forcing people in upgrading without any consent from them.

Btw, I'm running Windows 10 myself, and I really like it. So far I haven't had any big issues with it. And I think some people would like it if they give it a chance. However I can also understand the people who don't want it to be forced on them.

Reactions: Smith83 and frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

in fact most of the people (i dont talk of the XP/Win7 fans) feels it forced because the popups, etc... (bad M$ marketing)

when they will buy a new computer they will not even care if it has win10 or not :p

H

hjlbx

Redmond says it has a responsibility to keep users secure
Windows 10 was rolled out in July 2015 and since then Microsoft has been constantly pushing for users of Windows 7 and 8.1 to upgrade to the new OS version.

In some cases, this push for upgrades turned into a significant fiasco, with many accusing the company for forcing them to upgrade and sometime installing Windows 10 on their PCs without authorization.

But in a recent podcast, Microsoft's Chief Marketing Officer Chris Capossela explains that one of the reasons the Redmond-based tech giant wants everyone to upgrade is that is has a responsibility of keeping everyone secure and currently the most secure operating system is Windows 10.

This is more of an amusing news story than a serious one.Concerned about upgrading for our security,please!
I think there might be a hidden agenda other than just the nobility of keeping us secure.

I want to go to Redmond headquarters, out front on main entrance steps, squat, and take huge dump... a nice steaming pile.

Leave my response...

D

Deleted member 178

and then they will go into your system and do the same "big load of junk files " :p

Reactions: done
H

hjlbx

d
and then they will go into your system and do the same "big load of junk files " :p

W10 smash my system. Unrepairable. So I am already holding their steaming pile they gave to me.

Maybe I send my smashed pile of junck to Bill with letter "See what your M$ did to me ???"

Yes. I feels violated by M$... in the worst way. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Microsoft should understand that your Windows 7 development made a huge praise for the optimization and performance, so users will stick for a while to sustain the needs + adjustment from other business may take time.

Windows 10 may improve well however the overall concept and features may only interest by many users but not majority to migrate immediately.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.