Updates Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Stopspying

Level 14
Verified
Jan 21, 2018
Windows went from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, prior to that versions were more randomly named - XP, ME, 2000, Vista, 98 etc. Before that it was generally a numbered version, among those were 1.0, 2.03 and 3.1. Taking all of this into account, plus the fact that the Windows version name order bypassed Windows 9, maybe all of these 'clues' that point to 11 are mere smoke and mirrors. 10 was supposedly the last number, or so said Microsoft. The next Windows version could end up being called 'Buggy'. Or has Windows been called buggy before?!

show-Zi

Level 29
Verified
Jan 28, 2018
Windows went from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, prior to that versions were more randomly named - XP, ME, 2000, Vista, 98 etc. Before that it was generally a numbered version, among those were 1.0, 2.03 and 3.1. Taking all of this into account, plus the fact that the Windows version name order bypassed Windows 9, maybe all of these 'clues' that point to 11 are mere smoke and mirrors. 10 was supposedly the last number, or so said Microsoft. The next Windows version could end up being called 'Buggy'. Or has Windows been called buggy before?!
Most of the updates that have been distributed to date are called'buggy'. Probably.:coffee:🕷️

I expect 11 to indicate the start of distribution, not the name of the OS. In other words, it is around November 11th.