Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Windows went from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, prior to that versions were more randomly named - XP, ME, 2000, Vista, 98 etc. Before that it was generally a numbered version, among those were 1.0, 2.03 and 3.1. Taking all of this into account, plus the fact that the Windows version name order bypassed Windows 9, maybe all of these 'clues' that point to 11 are mere smoke and mirrors. 10 was supposedly the last number, or so said Microsoft. The next Windows version could end up being called 'Buggy'. Or has Windows been called buggy before?!

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Windows went from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, prior to that versions were more randomly named - XP, ME, 2000, Vista, 98 etc. Before that it was generally a numbered version, among those were 1.0, 2.03 and 3.1. Taking all of this into account, plus the fact that the Windows version name order bypassed Windows 9, maybe all of these 'clues' that point to 11 are mere smoke and mirrors. 10 was supposedly the last number, or so said Microsoft. The next Windows version could end up being called 'Buggy'. Or has Windows been called buggy before?!
Most of the updates that have been distributed to date are called'buggy'. Probably.:coffee:🕷️

I expect 11 to indicate the start of distribution, not the name of the OS. In other words, it is around November 11th.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I would just like to have an operating system that does not bork at the weirdest times for apparently no reason whatsoever. I feel that there might be a general regression and a greater fixation on privacy-busting stupidity in order to further monetize the OS.
I want an OS that doesn't give me problems every time I update it, and if Windows is going to go back to that route, then I welcome 11.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Screenshots of Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 11 operating system have appeared online today. Originally published at Chinese site Baidu, the screenshots show off the new Windows 11 user interface and Start menu. The UI changes look very similar to what was originally found in Windows 10X before Microsoft canceled that project in favor of Windows 11.

App icons are now centered on the taskbar, with a new Start button and menu. The Start menu is a simplified version of what currently exists in Windows 10, without Live Tiles. It includes pinned apps and the ability to quickly shut down or restart Windows 11 devices. The operating system is identified as Windows 11 Pro in screenshots, and we can confirm they are genuine.

The rest and some screenshots

edit:
Windows 11 boot animation

2 edit:
Windows 11 startup sound

New default wallpapers

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.