Microsoft looks ready to launch Windows 11

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
10 has been super stable for me as well the past several years. You know what they'll do, change a bunch of stuff that 99% of people could care less about and everyone will be back at square one with wonky updates for a year or more. I don't care about wallpapers, startup up sounds, boot animation or round corners on the start menu.

misterman2100

Level 2
Verified
Dec 3, 2018
10 has been super stable for me as well the past several years. You know what they'll do, change a bunch of stuff that 99% of people could care less about and everyone will be back at square one with wonky updates for a year or more. I don't care about wallpapers, startup up sounds, boot animation or round corners on the start menu.
Agreed, 100%!

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
IF a Windows 11 is released, and I'm not convinced it will be, it will be the same story of when 10 was released. people will go out crying they will never use the new Windows and in a few years, it will have most of the market...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IF a Windows 11 is released, and I'm not convinced it will be, it will be the same story of when 10 was released. people will go out crying they will never use the new Windows and in a few years, it will have most of the market...
Windows users are dramatic and don't agree with change.

It should not be called Windows, but Brick Wall since the outside changes.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I got the impression of a mismatch. It is similar to the relationship between the settings and the control panel in 10.
I think it is also effective to keep the old UI so that users who are accustomed to conventional operations do not feel uncomfortable. I hope Microsoft will handle it well, balancing design and usability.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
it's Windows 10 and that's Rainmeter
Thank you very much for speaking up on my behalf.:LOL:
Please do the same in the future when I am appointed for difficult IT related questions.:ROFLMAO:(y)
hi
love your desktop screenshot is it w11 or w10 ?
As you may already know, it's10.:)For reference, take a look at past posts.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I think what Microsoft and Windows UI lacks is a design philosophy. It is clearly influenced by Android and Mac.
They are inconsistent because they just change their clothes to fit the fashion.

The issue is that Mac and Android look good while doing it. Windows 10 is... fine. I guess. But when you compare it to something like ElementaryOS it looks pretty bad.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Will you be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free?​

Will Windows 11 be a free upgrade?

It is likely that Windows 11 will be a free upgrade for consumer devices. Microsoft needs to move the majority of Windows 10 customers to Windows 11 quickly, considering that Windows 10 will run out of support in 2025 and that the last thing that it wants is another fiasco in which many devices are not upgraded to the new version of Windows; this happened when Windows XP ran out of support, and again with end of support for Windows 7.

The most likely scenario has Microsoft offer free upgrades to all home customers who operate devices with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

The offer would entice many to upgrade their devices to Windows 11 right away, giving the new operating system a solid user base right from the get-go.

If Microsoft would not offer free upgrades, Windows 11 would see a slower rise in user numbers as customers might be reluctant to upgrade to the new version of Windows.

Why change a running a system, especially if the alternative includes having to pay for the upgrade. The main reason for upgrades is support, but even that is not a convincing enough argument for some users of Windows. In fact, there are still plenty that run unsupported copies of Windows on their devices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.