Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
My Windows 10 was freshly installed 2 days ago, ero problems on the system. There's many reasons an update can break a system. Mu system is fully bootable and usable it's just constantly trying to download this update and causing CPU spikes in the process, the update was already installed but it's still trying to re-download constantly so I'm guessing part of the first download was corrupt. It's not always the end users fault MIcrosoft as well as many other companies have a history or troublesome updates.

I keep my machine in top condition both software wise and hardware.

Geekroyd

Level 1
Jul 17, 2015
Hello all,
I installed this update yesterday 2016/12/09 using windows update with no issues and current version is show as Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.479) as expected. However, Windows update is today (2016/12/10) in the process of downloading it again. Anyone experiencing this behaviour?

Lucent Warrior

Level 1
Verified
Dec 5, 2016
For those having issues:

1st step: Click start, search, type trouble shooting, choose trouble shooting control panel, chose windows updates, run as Administrator/Advanced.

"If this fails to correct the problem then proceed.

2nd step: Open command prompt with Administrator and type: sfc /scannow

"if this fails to find and fix a problem, proceed again"

3rd step: While command prompt with Admin is still open, type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

"I have seen many windows 10 units with corruption due to cumulative update fails, and running the DISM will correct most of these issues, once run, restart the system, and run the trouble shooting with admin one more time for windows updates and then attempt to install again.

Geekroyd

Level 1
Jul 17, 2015
Windows Update is now behaving correctly...for now. I did not need to re-install after all.
I decided to interrupt the update download that seemed to be hanging by rebooting. The system restarted with a message that it was completing system update configuration. It then hung again, so I rebooted and it restarted. I then went back to Windows Update and it asked to continue updating. It responded with a "System is up to date" message.
I will run some scans and report back.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
As mentioned earlier, had no problems with installing KB3201845 update but it seems to have turned WD on, as I discovered by it screaming at me "I was potentially at risk" and jumping straight in with a scan (frankly quite an annoyance as I was already running a scan with MBAM!).:mad::mad:
I have a 3rd party AV in the form of Norton 360 - do these two conflict at all and I can keep WD turned off?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
As mentioned earlier, had no problems with installing KB3201845 update but it seems to have turned WD on, as I discovered by it screaming at me "I was potentially at risk" and jumping straight in with a scan (frankly quite an annoyance as I was already running a scan with MBAM!).:mad::mad:
I have a 3rd party AV in the form of Norton 360 - do these two conflict at all and I can keep WD turned off?
O&O Shutup should keep Windows Defender off, if you don't have it give it a try. ;)
www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.