Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Agreed. That's why I'm on WD and VoodooShield Pro plus a couple of Andy's tools. It doesn't really matter what AV I use so why not use the built-in?

@Faybert - I'd like to see more hub testing of ZA myself, including FW, just to know about it.
At the moment I am very busy, but soon I will return to the Hub to test ZoneAlarm and G Data (y)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

bug free and very stable, unlike most you have to fix bugs almost every week.
ZA bug free? What testing, you run defaults.. therefore you don't see any, and same with your loved G Data, fs protection next in the list.

Reactions: oldschool

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Did this little tune on syshardener settings from default to current options, isnt this more secure but does it even matter at all :unsure:
shhh.png

Anyways i have removed brave, just easier to stick with google chrome > swap dns to google dns aswell..

So brave browser > google chrome
Cloudflare DNS > Google DNS
Malwarebytes extension > Bitdefender trafficlight ( to avoid false positives)

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Did this little tune on syshardener settings from default to current options, isnt this more secure but does it even matter at all :unsure:
View attachment 201972

Anyways i have removed brave, just easier to stick with google chrome > swap dns to google dns aswell..

So brave browser > google chrome
Cloudflare DNS > Google DNS
Malwarebytes extension > Bitwarden trafficlight ( to avoid false positives)

Do you mean bitdefender trafficlight? ;) Nice to der that you stick to the same av for more than 24 hours! :) for switching between various dns servers quickly you might want to consider sordom's dns jumper! A nifty Little tool ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do you mean bitdefender trafficlight? ;) Nice to der that you stick to the same av for more than 24 hours! :)
Yes, my bad i always mix bitwarden & bitdefender

Defender is enough pretty much. I could swap into lighter av ( literally any) even i dont mess with files and only i do is browsing so antivirus impact doesnt matter for me

Im just thinking about the ram mostly, even 8gb will never run out
Google chrome > firefox is huge ram savings as example

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Replaced windows defender with comodo cloud antivirus

So my current av setup is:

- Syshardener ( max )
- Comodo Cloud on default block mode ( lighter than WD)

This way i can keep syshardened firewall rules + still benefit from comodo sandbox without cis bloat

Also ccav works as anti-exploit so dont have to use OSA

+ also swapped back to neustar business secure DNS , so i dont have to install family filters for shared system to be sure when im off

Edit : allowed WD to run scan sometimes, so they kinda work together from now

WDS Realtime protection is disabled by CCAV ( obviously) but as it uses that much resources, is there any benefit by WD being connected to cloud?

wdddddddddddd.png

wds132.png

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Comodo cloud just caused problems, reverted back to wd + installed OSA

Update:
+Windows defender ( sandboxed)
+Syshardener ( everything enabled, except prefech service / show hidden files)
+NoVirusThanks OSArmor ( advanced settings:max)

The far away i stay from 3rd party firewalls/antiviruses im good

I really only do browsing so the current 'lockdown' is pretty much enough and Defender is pretty much idle since i dont run / open applications or do any programming / editing

This is last update for a while, peace for now...i dont spam this thread i promise :emoji_innocent:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
"All we are sayyyy-ing … … is give peace a chance! All we are sayyyying … …. is give peace a chance." :love: We will be waiting with baited breath. BTW - I don't think it's possible to spam your own thread because it's yours! :D
yeah, makes me ashamed to post here since the post will bump on front page :emoji_flushed: I need to get secondary pc to mess up with

Thats like next step on some day

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:
+ added Blocksi to extensions
+ Due installing blocksi to do filtering over DNS pretty much, i have reverted dns back to Google DNS
+ IObit Uninstaller to system utilies collection

blocksissss.png

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Yes the man keeps his standards high as always... makes you wonder that all these changes the Brother makes does not end up in clickbait
:);)
Yes it runs uninstallermonitor on taskmanager , takes 10mbs mem. Iobit does well its job, and doesnt have annoying nags/ads so i wanted to try it over ccleaner wich i have been using forever

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.