Advanced Security Morro Security Configuration 2026

Last updated
Sep 26, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
25H2
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
- ESET Smart Security Premium
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Have set the tips as advised by CyberDevil in this post.


* Activated Windows Sandbox, makes testing a new software easier.
Periodic malware scanners
- EEK (On demand)
- SiriusLLM (On demand)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Does not apply to me, see above.
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi

— uBlock-Stripped
— 3P-Matrix Lite
— Download Sentinel
— Let's GPC
— Dark Reader
Secure DNS
— NextDNS
Desktop VPN
none
Password and passkey manager
Vivaldi's built-in password manager.
File and photo backups
I do this manually to my external HD.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
* Hasleo Backup Suite Free.
* External Hard Drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
* Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
* Motherboard: B560 ATX Wi-Fi / 1200 Socket (ATX)
* Processor: Intel i9 11900K - 8 cores - 16 threads - 3,5 GHz (Turbo 5,3 GHz)
* CPU Cooler: Master Liquid 240mm RGB(Active.) Air Cooling. (Passive.)
* SSD: Patriot M2 P300 1024GB
* External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device
* RAM: RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 MHz (2x 16GB)
* Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 4060 8GB
* MSI MAG 27CQ6F - WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor - 180Hz - 27 Inch
* Outer casing: Sharkoon REV100
* Power: 750Watt - 80Plus GOLD
* Lan: Realtek 2.5 Gbps
* Sound: Realtek ALC892
* USB: 11 ports (Of different kinds.)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Perhaps, but I guess the load difference will be minimal? I will try it out and see.


EDIT: No, not for me. The first site I went to already showed several pictures completely weird, and no option that I could see to deactivate it for that website. Myabe it would have been the only website where it happened, but I am sticking to Dark Reader.
 
Last edited:
Perhaps, but I guess the load difference will be minimal? I will try it out and see.


EDIT: No, not for me. The first site I went to already showed several pictures completely weird, and no option that I could see to deactivate it for that website. Myabe it would have been the only website where it happened, but I am sticking to Dark Reader.
Have you tried "selective inversion of non-image, elements" in the dark mode flag? This option works better than the default mode.
 
Does this option work any better for you?

No, I went back to Dark Reader. Pictures showed normally, but it causes well ... less natural colour effects.

Schermafbeelding 2025-04-10 112618.png


Schermafbeelding 2025-04-10 112716.png

I prefer Dark Reader over Vivaldi's Dark Mode. Dark Reader has better "Natural Colours" (If that is possible with Dark mode. :) ) than Vivaldi dark mode in my opinion, MajorGeeks was not the only site where I saw the weird colour change.
 
No, I went back to Dark Reader. Pictures showed normally, but it causes well ... less natural colour effects.


I prefer Dark Reader over Vivaldi's Dark Mode. Dark Reader has better "Natural Colours" (If that is possible with Dark mode. :) ) than Vivaldi dark mode in my opinion, MajorGeeks was not the only site where I saw the weird colour change.
Your Vivaldi dark mode image of majorgeeks.com looks different. Here is mine.

67f81a10a95c8.png
 
Just enable the "force a dark theme..." option in appearance settings. It enables the flag he mentioned.

I did that, but I still got those weird colours that I showed with the MajorGeeks pictures. I will play around with all the different Flag settings tomorrow to see if one of those does things better.
 
I did that, but I still got those weird colours that I showed with the MajorGeeks pictures. I will play around with all the different Flag settings tomorrow to see if one of those does things better.
Did you restart Vivaldi and disable Dark Reader? The flag @SeriousHoax mentioned is better overall than others.

With Vivaldi, you can access Chrome/Chromium settings.
chrome://settings
chrome://flags
 
Last edited:
Odd, now Vivaldi Darkmode looks better than yesterday, could it be that the cleaning with Wise Disk Cleaner I did today somehow make it work? (Like for the rest of you.)

Either way, I will try it out for a few days to see if it can replace Dark Reader.
 
I have tried Vivaldi Dark mode for a while, and although it does also darken sites like Chrome store and such, it also makes certain text difficult to read for me. Dark Reader does not do that, so it is the better option for me.
 
Back
Top