Advanced Security Morro Security Configuration 2026

Last updated
Sep 26, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
25H2
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
- ESET Smart Security Premium
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Have set the tips as advised by CyberDevil in this post.


* Activated Windows Sandbox, makes testing a new software easier.
Periodic malware scanners
- EEK (On demand)
- SiriusLLM (On demand)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Does not apply to me, see above.
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi

— uBlock-Stripped
— 3P-Matrix Lite
— Download Sentinel
— Let's GPC
— Dark Reader
Secure DNS
— NextDNS
Desktop VPN
none
Password and passkey manager
Vivaldi's built-in password manager.
File and photo backups
I do this manually to my external HD.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
* Hasleo Backup Suite Free.
* External Hard Drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
* Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
* Motherboard: B560 ATX Wi-Fi / 1200 Socket (ATX)
* Processor: Intel i9 11900K - 8 cores - 16 threads - 3,5 GHz (Turbo 5,3 GHz)
* CPU Cooler: Master Liquid 240mm RGB(Active.) Air Cooling. (Passive.)
* SSD: Patriot M2 P300 1024GB
* External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device
* RAM: RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 MHz (2x 16GB)
* Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 4060 8GB
* MSI MAG 27CQ6F - WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor - 180Hz - 27 Inch
* Outer casing: Sharkoon REV100
* Power: 750Watt - 80Plus GOLD
* Lan: Realtek 2.5 Gbps
* Sound: Realtek ALC892
* USB: 11 ports (Of different kinds.)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Well, so far I have not seen any FP from DNS4EU
 
2026-03-12_11-31-30.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not a security update, but a hardware update. My old monitor broke a few days ago, and I was using an old monitor till today. I got my new monitor in today, a MSI MAG 27CQ6F - WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor – 180Hz – 27 Inch. And damn does it look great, but there is one thing I do not understand.

On my old monitor, HDR mode had much more vibrant colours, but on my new monitor, switching HDR off gives much more vibrant colours than with HDR on? (In my opinion that is.) On the new monitor switching HDR on makes all the colours bland/flat, if that makes any sense to you all.
 
On smart TV's colors are adjusted to make them more vibrant. Many smart TV's have a gaming option to increase response time and disable this color adjustement. Maybe disabling HDR on a gaming monitor does the opposite and enables the color tweaking to make them vibrant.

I have a old dumb Sony Sony Bravia 200 Mhz 1K TV and am looking for a 4K replacement. Currently I am looking at a Samsung Odessey Neo G7 43 inch gaming monitor (is HDR600 certified), because I find the adjusted colors of most smart TVs horrible and like the more natural colors of a gaming monitor with HDR (and yes they look less vibrant but to me vibrant looks fake).

Still undecided to look for a smart TV with gaming option to look colors more natural or (more inclined to) buying a gaming PC and use it as TV which shows the colors real (in stead of the enriched fake colors we are used on our smart phones and smart TV's). When you print photo's from your smart phone on large format (eg. A3) they look horrible compared with camera photo's.

Maybe I am an old fashioned purist, but I would turn on HDR on your monitor and enjoy realistic natural colors. (y)
 
On smart TV's colors are adjusted to make them more vibrant. Many smart TV's have a gaming option to increase response time and disable this color adjustement. Maybe disabling HDR on a gaming monitor does the opposite and enables the color tweaking to make them vibrant.

I have a old dumb Sony Sony Bravia 200 Mhz 1K TV and am looking for a 4K replacement. Currently I am looking at a Samsung Odessey Neo G7 43 inch gaming monitor (is HDR600 certified), because I find the adjusted colors of most smart TVs horrible and like the more natural colors of a gaming monitor with HDR (and yes they look less vibrant but to me vibrant looks fake).

Still undecided to look for a smart TV with gaming option to look colors more natural or (more inclined to) buying a gaming PC and use it as TV which shows the colors real (in stead of the enriched fake colors we are used on our smart phones and smart TV's). When you print photo's from your smart phone on large format (eg. A3) they look horrible compared with camera photo's.

Maybe I am an old fashioned purist, but I would turn on HDR on your monitor and enjoy realistic natural colors. (y)

I tried HDR in the game I currently play, and even after calibrating HDR in-game and setting more contrast, it still did not look as appealing as with no HDR. Maybe you are right and I am so used to the colour scheme from my smartphone. Oh well, there are worse things then that. :D
 
I tried HDR in the game I currently play, and even after calibrating HDR in-game and setting more contrast, it still did not look as appealing as with no HDR. Maybe you are right and I am so used to the colour scheme from my smartphone. Oh well, there are worse things then that. :D
I know on my older monitor (with pretty much worthless HDR) the SDR image has slightly oversaturated colors, which kind of pop in games. When I use my OLED TV for gaming it definitely looks more accurate (and the HDR looks great), but I always enjoy going back to that slightly poppy-er look on my monitor.
 
Back
Top