Advanced Security Morro's Mobile Security Config

Layout
Current configurationAndroid
Revision 1Updated
Jump to discussion

Imported from an earlier discussion · awaiting owner confirmation

Feedback welcomeWhat changed
Staff assessment Advanced Security

Earlier staff assessment. The reviewer, date and configuration version were not recorded. It has not been verified against the current Hub setup.

Device & operating system4
Mobile operating system
Android
Mobile OS version
14
Mobile model
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 128GB
Mobile brand
Samsung
Protection & updates4
Security and privacy apps
* Auto Blocker feature that comes with OneUI 6.0
Mobile system updates
Automatic updates
App store(s)
Google Play Store, Samsung Galaxy Store
Biometric security
Fingerprint(s)
Browser & privacy5
Mobile browsers
Firefox.
Firewall and VPN apps
Mullvad DNS.
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden Mobile: Set to auto fill and can only be unlocked by my fingerprint.
Phone & Caller ID
Activated Caller ID and Spam Protection inside the Samsung Phone settings.
Two-factor authentication
Aegis Authenticator - 2FA App
Backup & recovery1
File and photo backups
Backup phone is active, it makes a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One.
Device & usage5
Messaging
* WhatsApp * Instagram * Facebook
Music & Podcasts
* YT Music ( Came pre-installed. )
Photo & Video
ProShot.
Subscriptions
None
Notable changes
25-08-2023: permanently switched from Bitdefender Mobile Security to Trustd Mobile Security.
26-09-2023: Switched from trustd to Sophos Intercept X.
Community rating

Community rating

How members rate the shared configuration. This is community feedback, not a security test.

Not rated yet
An open invitation for useful feedback.

Sign in to rate this setup

Go to discussion

Shared by the member. This is a configuration record, not a device scan.

Archived configuration (not current) · expand details
Thread details
Last updated
Jan 21, 2024
Mobile brand
Samsung
Mobile model
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 128GB
Mobile operating system
Android
Mobile OS version
14
Mobile system updates
Automatic updates
App store(s)
    • Google Play Store
    • Samsung Galaxy Store
App updates
Check and install app updates manually
Screen lock method
PIN
Biometric security
    • Fingerprint(s)
Stolen Device Protection
Security and privacy apps
* Auto Blocker feature that comes with OneUI 6.0
Firewall and VPN apps
Mullvad DNS.
Mobile browsers
Firefox.
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden Mobile: Set to auto fill and can only be unlocked by my fingerprint.
Phone & Caller ID
Activated Caller ID and Spam Protection inside the Samsung Phone settings.
Messaging
* WhatsApp
* Instagram
* Facebook
Music & Podcasts
* YT Music ( Came pre-installed. )
Photo & Video
ProShot.
Two-factor authentication
Aegis Authenticator - 2FA App
File and photo backups
Backup phone is active, it makes a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One.
Subscriptions
    • None
Notable changes
25-08-2023: permanently switched from Bitdefender Mobile Security to Trustd Mobile Security.
26-09-2023: Switched from trustd to Sophos Intercept X.
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

From the setup owner View current setup
I suggest move everything from passwords to TOTPs into Bitwarden.
It makes life easier and more convenient.
Also, for better security, secure Bitwarden with Yubikey.

To use that function in Bitwarden, you need the Premium version, I think, and I am perfectly fine with the free version. (y)

But from what I have read and heard, it looks like things are gearing more and more towards Passkeys and such, so I guess I could start looking around for a Yubikey. :)
 
To use that function in Bitwarden, you need the Premium version, I think, and I am perfectly fine with the free version. (y)

But from what I have read and heard, it looks like things are gearing more and more towards Passkeys and such, so I guess I could start looking around for a Yubikey. :)
Bitwarden Premium is so cheap, that it only costs you 2c per day which includes Bitwarden Send, YubiKey and FIDO2 compliant key support and other features.

Aegis is good choice if you want to manage your own authentication keys. It does support Google Backup, or can be exported to a secure storage medium.
 
From the setup owner View current setup
Bitwarden Premium is so cheap, that it only costs you 2c per day which includes Bitwarden Send, YubiKey and FIDO2 compliant key support and other features.

Aegis is good choice if you want to manage your own authentication keys. It does support Google Backup, or can be exported to a secure storage medium.
Thank you, I will check it out on their site this week. :)
 
From the setup owner View current setup
** Firstly, I am just trying this app out for a while, so nothing is permanently changed in my security setup. :)

About 3 days ago, I saw a thread here on MalwareTips that pointed me towards a security app for Android and iOS smartphones. It looked interesting enough for me to think... "Hey lets see how it compares to BitDefender Mobile Security. And this is the site for the app.

Trustd Mobile Security

A link to the Android version is on the site, and the one for iOS should be in their store. This is from a website I found when I researched about the app...

  • AI-powered protection
  • Compatible with Android and iOS devices
  • Protection from compromised WiFi
  • Rooting notification
  • Privacy protection
  • Settings feature
  • Background running
  • Dashboard
  • Malicious website protection
  • Phishing detection
  • Malware detection and cleanup (Android only)
  • Apps Scan (Android only)
  • App Permissions (Android only)
Whether the last three points are true, I do not know for sure, since I only have an Android. The trustd website I linked to above is safe according to Virus total and Kaspersky.

VirusTotal

Kaspersky results Trustd Mobile Security website.jpg

It looks pretty good so far, and I will use it for a while. If I like it enough I will keep it, if not then I will go back to BitDefender Mobile Security. Till I decide on that, I will not make a change in my mobile setup on top of this thread. :)
 
I recently got a Samsung A54, and does not have any av installed, but I enabled One UI 6.0 new security feature of auto blocking apps...

 
From the setup owner View current setup
I recently got a Samsung A54, and does not have any av installed, but I enabled One UI 6.0 new security feature of auto blocking apps...


Thank you harlan4096 for the link, after reading it I removed Sophos and activated the auto blocker feature. (y)
 
From the setup owner View current setup
After I watched my wife use Mullvad DNS on her phone, I switched to it as well a few days ago. Not because NextDNS was not good, it is great in my opinion. But it felt to me the past two months that it was becoming slower and slower? So when I saw that Mullvad DNS was fast on her phone, I thought… OK why not try it yourself. :) No ads seen so far, and they have a few different DNS server options to choose from.


For info on what DNS server options there are, just scroll up. :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top