Most tested, most awarded: Kaspersky takes 97% of TOP3 places in independent industry tests

Indeed, it's an impressive achievement by Kaspersky. Their consistent performance in independent tests shows their commitment to providing top-notch cybersecurity solutions.
 
K is great; my current AV; however, it has some limitation in detection of phishing combined with FPs.
Symantec browser protection extension detects much more.
Symantec is included in osprey and to be fair Kaspersky isn't far behind on pishing it will definitely work together and Kaspersky could detect stuff Symantec might miss
 
Kaspersky didn't give me much false positives
Even eset in my usage has more wich im currently using
It falsely detected a website of wallpapers posted in MT; however, it was removed from detection few days later.
2025-05-10_02-44-03.png
 
This is true, Kaspersky results are top for more than decade now, here are samples of independent tests:

2025-05-14 at 22-28-04 vivaldi.png2025-05-14 at 22-29-29 vivaldi.png

 
This is true, Kaspersky results are top for more than decade now, here are samples of independent tests:

View attachment 288591View attachment 288592

I'm not questioning K efficiency; personally, it's my current AV.
However, no product is failproof.
 
K is great; my current AV; however, it has some limitation in detection of phishing combined with FPs.
Symantec browser protection extension detects much more.
Don't trust on one single solution for protection, its layered defense that works better than one single solution. Use a good DOH system wide DNS server which has a blocking capability ( Next dns or quad 9 or similar). Make sure that nothing can bypass your dns server setting. Use a local ad block/ browser protection on every browser and most importantly use a backup solution for the really rainy days.
Screenshot 2025-05-15 093053.png
 
Don't trust on one single solution for protection, its layered defense that works better than one single solution. Use a good DOH system wide DNS server which has a blocking capability ( Next dns or quad 9 or similar). Make sure that nothing can bypass your dns server setting. Use a local ad block/ browser protection on every browser and most importantly use a backup solution for the really rainy days.
View attachment 288594
I do already have multi-layer protection:
Modem router firewall to max
ControlD DNS
Simplewall
Kaspersky antivirus
Symantec browser protection (which is very good and blocks malicious websites more than K)
uBlock origin lite
Edge smart screen
 
I do already have multi-layer protection:
Modem router firewall to max
ControlD DNS
Simplewall
Kaspersky antivirus
Symantec browser protection (which is very good and blocks malicious websites more than K)
uBlock origin lite
Edge smart screen
Why not use osprey instead of Symantec as it has it as a provider ?

I used to have a few security extensions myself before osprey nowadays I use osprey and checkpoint only and both don't hold pages although osprey is still far better on terms of resource usage (checkpoint has bigger assets , injects scripts into pages )
Basically for any over 4gb ram machine I would install both and those under only osprey
 
Don't trust on one single solution for protection, its layered defense that works better than one single solution. Use a good DOH system wide DNS server which has a blocking capability ( Next dns or quad 9 or similar). Make sure that nothing can bypass your dns server setting. Use a local ad block/ browser protection on every browser and most importantly use a backup solution for the really rainy days.
View attachment 288594
DNS.EU for those in Europe is awesome as it's basically superior to next DNS as it has more intelligence providers and should be better then quad9 (I use quad9 since it has servers in my country and didn't have false positives so far )
 
Why not use osprey instead of Symantec as it has it as a provider ?

I used to have a few security extensions myself before osprey nowadays I use osprey and checkpoint only and both don't hold pages although osprey is still far better on terms of resource usage (checkpoint has bigger assets , injects scripts into pages )
Basically for any over 4gb ram machine I would install both and those under only osprey
Tried osprey; it is excellent and light.
But I have doubts about its longevity; filter data base providers may show objection using their data.
Most of osprey detections are by symantec.

DNS.EU for those in Europe is awesome as it's basically superior to next DNS as it has more intelligence providers and should be better then quad9 (I use quad9 since it has servers in my country and didn't have false positives so far )
quad9 is the fasted one in my country.
But tests show superiority of blocking malware and phishing for controld and dns0 over quad9 and cleanbrowsing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
quad9 is the fasted one in my country.
But tests show superiority of blocking malware and phishing for controld and dns0 over quad9 and cleanbrowsing.
Those that need either one of these piracy , low false positives, privacy then quad 9 is the best DNS
But those that don't I would recommend DNS.EU zero and obviously inside eu for good response time

Tried osprey; it is excellent and light.
But I have doubts about its longevity; filter data base providers may show objection using their data.
Most of osprey detections are by symantec.
Most will depend on the feed being tested as in a few tests bitdefender caught more malicious sites

But generally I agree Symantec Is overall one of the best provider in terms of detection from what osprey has and the reason is because of their mass amount of intelligence sources Symantec makes use of and plenty of sensors etc
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Those that need either one of these piracy , low false positives, privacy then quad 9 is the best DNS
But those that don't I would recommend DNS.EU zero and obviously inside eu for good response time
tried dns0 before; it is great.
but controld provide extra feature of blocking ad; useful when I do not want to use extensions, although not that effective as ublock origin.

Most will depend on the feed being tested as in a few tests bitdefender caught more malicious sites

But generally I agree Symantec Is overall one of the best provider in terms of detection from what osprey has and the reason is because of their mass amount of intelligence sources Symantec makes use of and plenty of sensors etc
of course at the expense of some fps; but it blocks more websites than tl
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tried dns0 before; it is great.
but controld provide extra feature of blocking ad; useful when I do not want to use extensions, although not that effective as ublock origin.
I would just use brave browser for adblocking
There is no need for global AdBlocking on majority of devices
Maybe except mobile as its inconvenient to patch every application to remove ads and people allowed ads to become popular in that platform

of course at the expense of some fps; but it blocks more websites than tl
Symantec is incredible 100% and it's one of my favorite with it's flaws
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top