Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

Hi Guys!

Thank you for your kind words! Cats-4_Owners-2!

Problems with Maxthon Browser on Windows 8.1 Pro! Only way that I could get Maxthon Browser run is Right Click and Run as Administration.
maxthon works fine on my Windows 8.1

grelos

Always being a Chrome user, I gave FF a try some months ago. I used it for a while, good browser indeed, but then because of my personal preference I went back to Chrome. One of the reason was that some security/privacy extensions I use are/were not available for FF: Zenmate, HTTP SB, Mitro, etc.

I liked maxthon a lot but unfortunately due to some weird behavior of the crappy McAfee AV I could not use it, it got blocked by real-time protection...I could by pass this problem simply stopping real time protection, launching Maxthon and the re-enablig it.
But it was too much hassle. I gave up.

Y

yigido

Always being a Chrome user, I gave FF a try some months ago. I used it for a while, good browser indeed, but then because of my personal preference I went back to Chrome. One of the reason was that some security/privacy extensions I use are/were not available for FF: Zenmate, HTTP SB, Mitro, etc.

I liked maxthon a lot but unfortunately due to some weird behavior of the crappy McAfee AV I could not use it, it got blocked by real-time protection...I could by pass this problem simply stopping real time protection, launching Maxthon and the re-enablig it.
But it was too much hassle. I gave up.
If you are using Chrome ? You cannot talk about PRİVACY !!

grelos

I have been using Dragon for a while but because of some issue with extensions that were not updating, I reverted to Chrome.
I still believe that Chrome with some proper settings is not -privacywise- different from others.

Y

yigido

I have been using Dragon for a while but because of some issue with extensions that were not updating, I reverted to Chrome.
I still believe that Chrome with some proper settings is not -privacywise- different from others.
in Comodo Dragon 31 this problem is solved. You can check again ?

I

illumination

Best privacy is off-line computer :D We have alternative browsers that offer more privacy than Chrome : Iron, Dragon etc.
Exactly.. If you want complete privacy, the only way to achieve that is, to unplug your computer..
I view going online much like leaving your house and going into public, one can not expect privacy doing either one.

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
My browsers are as of today! On Windows 8.1 Pro and 1 Windows XP

> Internet Explorer
> Comodo IceDragon
> Avant Browser

I may try Maxthon Brower sometime today! I am wondering about it blocking abilities of Malware?
Just not sure of Maxthon!

Extensions:
> No Trace
> Self Destructing Cookies
> BetterPrivacy
> Click&Clean

D

Deleted member 178

I may try Maxthon Brower sometime today! I am wondering about it blocking abilities of Malware?
Just not sure of Maxthon!
if you expect your browser to block malwares, you failed already.

Browsers are made for browsing, nothing else; all the nice innovative protections you heard in so-called secured browsers are crap just to please "average joe" giving them the feeling they are safe wherever they browse so companies get better marketshares = more advertisement = more cash

don't be fooled, give "happy clicker Joe" the best secured browser , he will still be infected.

safe browsing do never come from the tools but how you use the tool

thanks

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Umbra Polaris & yigido!

Then,I will figure out what causing the problem on my PC's! With Maxthon Browser!
I have the following tools:

> Emsisoft Anti-malware
> Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware
> SuperAntiSpyware

My Extensions: What about extensions?
> No Trace
> Self Destructing Cookies
> BetterPrivacy
> Click&Clean
> Hitman Pro Alert

Thanks guys!

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Web Browsers were made for browsing. However, Modern Browsers today are multi-capable pieces of software. You can drag-n-drop files to upload, record videos straight from the webpage, chat in real-time, connect with social media with live notifications, sync browser data, and a ton of more stuff.

So in certain way, we should expect major Web Browser companies to provide some levels of protection from the world-wide web. Google's SafeBrowsing protects users from suspected malicious sites, and now Chrome can block malicious downloads. Firefox disables out-dated / vulnerable plugins (ie. java) and IE's SmartScreen protects users from malicious sites / downloads, or suspiciously new applications.

Just to mention, I am sceptical about ABP and others using Malware Domains filters, and agree with you about the well-marketed secure browsers.

if you expect your browser to block malwares, you failed already.

Browsers are made for browsing, nothing else; all the nice innovative protections you heard in so-called secured browsers are crap just to please "average joe" giving them the feeling they are safe wherever they browse so companies get better marketshares = more advertisement = more cash

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Umbra Polaris, Thank you! for your insight! Do, you have a link for the Webroot Beta. It not,
I will install Webroot to make the system lighter. And remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and

SuperAntiSpyware!

THDuy312th,

Feeling good about Avant Brower. Also, have a build in password manger.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/
http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.aspx?uil=en-US

Ultimate Version and/or #2!

yigido, I will try it out!

Thanks, guys!

Reactions: THDuy312th
D

Deleted member 178

Umbra Polaris, Thank you! for your insight! Do, you have a link for the Webroot Beta. It not,
nope sorry, the closed-beta's tester applications are closed now; most of us were selected during the first beta of WSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.