Battle Mozilla firefox vs google chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Which one has better extensions/add-ons? I heard that adblock plus on firefox is much better than google chrome and the same goes for many other extensions, does this remain true?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

Hi Guys!

Thank you for your kind words! Cats-4_Owners-2!

Problems with Maxthon Browser on Windows 8.1 Pro! Only way that I could get Maxthon Browser run is Right Click and Run as Administration.

maxthon works fine on my win8.1

grelos

Level 1
Verified
Jan 27, 2014
Always being a Chrome user, I gave FF a try some months ago. I used it for a while, good browser indeed, but then because of my personal preference I went back to Chrome. One of the reason was that some security/privacy extensions I use are/were not available for FF: Zenmate, HTTP SB, Mitro, etc.

I liked maxthon a lot but unfortunately due to some weird behavior of the crappy McAfee AV I could not use it, it got blocked by real-time protection...I could by pass this problem simply stopping real time protection, launching Maxthon and the re-enablig it.
But it was too much hassle. I gave up.

Y

yigido

Always being a Chrome user, I gave FF a try some months ago. I used it for a while, good browser indeed, but then because of my personal preference I went back to Chrome. One of the reason was that some security/privacy extensions I use are/were not available for FF: Zenmate, HTTP SB, Mitro, etc.

I liked maxthon a lot but unfortunately due to some weird behavior of the crappy McAfee AV I could not use it, it got blocked by real-time protection...I could by pass this problem simply stopping real time protection, launching Maxthon and the re-enablig it.
But it was too much hassle. I gave up.
If you are using Chrome ? You cannot talk about PRİVACY !!

grelos

Level 1
Verified
Jan 27, 2014
I have been using Dragon for a while but because of some issue with extensions that were not updating, I reverted to Chrome.
I still believe that Chrome with some proper settings is not -privacywise- different from others.

Y

yigido

I have been using Dragon for a while but because of some issue with extensions that were not updating, I reverted to Chrome.
I still believe that Chrome with some proper settings is not -privacywise- different from others.
in Comodo Dragon 31 this problem is solved. You can check again ?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
My browsers are as of today! On Windows 8.1 Pro and 1 Windows XP

> Internet Explorer
> Comodo IceDragon
> Avant Browser

I may try Maxthon Brower sometime today! I am wondering about it blocking abilities of Malware?
Just not sure of Maxthon!

Extensions:
> No Trace
> Self Destructing Cookies
> BetterPrivacy
> Click&Clean

D

Deleted member 178

I may try Maxthon Brower sometime today! I am wondering about it blocking abilities of Malware?
Just not sure of Maxthon!

if you expect your browser to block malwares, you failed already.

Browsers are made for browsing, nothing else; all the nice innovative protections you heard in so-called secured browsers are crap just to please "average joe" giving them the feeling they are safe wherever they browse so companies get better marketshares = more advertisement = more cash

don't be fooled, give "happy clicker Joe" the best secured browser , he will still be infected.

safe browsing do never come from the tools but how you use the tool

thanks

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Umbra Polaris & yigido!

Then,I will figure out what causing the problem on my PC's! With Maxthon Browser!
I have the following tools:

> Emsisoft Anti-malware
> Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware
> SuperAntiSpyware

My Extensions: What about extensions?
> No Trace
> Self Destructing Cookies
> BetterPrivacy
> Click&Clean
> Hitman Pro Alert

Thanks guys!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Web Browsers were made for browsing. However, Modern Browsers today are multi-capable pieces of software. You can drag-n-drop files to upload, record videos straight from the webpage, chat in real-time, connect with social media with live notifications, sync browser data, and a ton of more stuff.

So in certain way, we should expect major Web Browser companies to provide some levels of protection from the world-wide web. Google's SafeBrowsing protects users from suspected malicious sites, and now Chrome can block malicious downloads. Firefox disables out-dated / vulnerable plugins (ie. java) and IE's SmartScreen protects users from malicious sites / downloads, or suspiciously new applications.

Just to mention, I am sceptical about ABP and others using Malware Domains filters, and agree with you about the well-marketed secure browsers.

if you expect your browser to block malwares, you failed already.

Browsers are made for browsing, nothing else; all the nice innovative protections you heard in so-called secured browsers are crap just to please "average joe" giving them the feeling they are safe wherever they browse so companies get better marketshares = more advertisement = more cash

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Umbra Polaris, Thank you! for your insight! Do, you have a link for the Webroot Beta. It not,
I will install Webroot to make the system lighter. And remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and

SuperAntiSpyware!

THDuy312th,

Feeling good about Avant Brower. Also, have a build in password manger.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/
http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.aspx?uil=en-US

Ultimate Version and/or #2!

yigido, I will try it out!

Thanks, guys!

Reactions: THDuy312th
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.