Battle Mozilla firefox vs google chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Which one has better extensions/add-ons? I heard that adblock plus on firefox is much better than google chrome and the same goes for many other extensions, does this remain true?

Y

yigido

if you are using multiple tabs and you want performance.. Go with Chromium one ;) (not Google Chrome pls.)
if you want usability,smooth and strong something ..Go with FF or Comodo IceDragon that I am using it & like it so much ;)

btw AdblockPlus is has more feature in FF based browsers.. You cannot submit a report in Chromium :rolleyes: but I can submit a ticket in Comodo IceDragon or FF based any other browser.:cool:

in my opinion go with Firefox, it never leaves you prone..

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I feel an upheaval.:confused: THAT, & a grOWIng disturbance in "The Force" as I struggle to gather awareness of "The Sith Lord's":cool: displeasure...
Pray, tell us Oh Master of Testing & Reviews the methods & manner of destruction with which Maxthon Cloud lays waste to :eek: Comodo's Twin Dragons!

"One browser to rule them all, & in the darkness bind them!"

Yes, I know. That's another film
..but I couldn't resist!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
if you are using multiple tabs and you want performance.. Go with Chromium one ;) (not Google Chrome pls.)
if you want usability,smooth and strong something ..Go with FF or Comodo IceDragon that I am using it & like it so much ;)

btw AdblockPlus is has more feature in FF based browsers.. You cannot submit a report in Chromium :rolleyes: but I can submit a ticket in Comodo IceDragon or FF based any other browser.:cool:

in my opinion go with Firefox, it never leaves you prone..
Thanks, yigido!:) I hopped over to your config after your post here. So, did you drop Chromeo_O for Firefox ..and also Chromium?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
CID "Comodo Ice Dragon" is an excellent version of Firefox, lighter, smoother on windows 8.1 "with a few extra goodies"
I do like it on Windows 7,:) ..and I'd tried Pale moon before (my) 8.1 became moody:confused: Blue screened, & reverted back to it's 8 apparition for the 2st time which sent me back to the "Mountain" of XP!:p
"Perhaps this "Dragon" shall find it's home ...burrowed deep within an 8.1 mountain wherein lies a Firefox asleep upon Chrome!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: yigido
D

Deleted member 178

Pray, tell us Oh Master of Testing & Reviews the methods & manner of destruction with which Maxthon Cloud lays waste to :eek: Comodo's Twin Dragons!

fast dual engine : Webkit (aka Apple's Safari engine) + Trident (aka IE engine)
built-in "addons": popup blocker, content downloader (no need IDM anymore), translator, etc...
cloud based: all is sync (bookmarks, dials, settings,etc...)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
built-in "addons": popup blocker, content downloader (no need IDM anymore), translator, etc...
I want it all;) "...my Precious (browser)!":D

Y

yigido

Which version is this ? Can you give me a down. link ?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Maxthon Cloud Browser....Maxthon Cloud Browser...Maxthon Cloud Browser

(i hope my repetitive subliminal line will work :D)
Master Umbra, ..Lord of The "Sith", I have made my way back, to the beginning, from sojourning a 'subliminal' crusade to "..know the power of the Dark Side", ..of Maxthon's :eek:'fast dual engine : Webkit (aka Apple's Safari engine) + Trident (aka IE engine),' ..GOD, Help me.:p:D
Thank YOU too!;)

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi, not sure if Maxthon will work on Windows 8.1?

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=maxthon cloud browser&x=0&y=0

In the couple of days,I will link #2? I will with-out question will not on Windows 8.1!
Hi Moose! It is better to actually know for certain before you download & install a whole lot of browsers ...like ME; and this was likewise the reason why I'd similarly waited for the latest version of Sandboxie before installing for use with my Windows 8.1!:cool: Maxthon version 4.2.1.1000 seems to be working just fine for Windows 8.1,;) with no problems I can see, and far smoother than (ahem..) the Firefox I've had such a meaningfully long relationship with...:rolleyes: Most of all, like with any new vehicle, it'S So FUN!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
For the past 6 months, I've been using Chrome and have to say I'm satisfied with it. I seem to have less crashes, less page lag loading issues.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
For the past 6 months, I've been using Chrome and have to say I'm satisfied with it. I seem to have less crashes, less page lag loading issues.
I wholeheartedly agree with McLovin. No crashes here either!:) Even as I grow accustomed to how one must hunt harder for similarly desirable replacement (..there's the kicker!) extensions, Chrome on Win 8.1, ..& esp Comodo Dragon (on Windows 7) have been working quite well for the past 24 hours!o_O "Click&Clean" seems to be a very powerful privacy tool w/tweakability,;) anyone have opinions about it? Maxthon has not killed my "Dragons", ..not yet anyway, and that makes me happy too! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.