Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
1) Going into 5G (see below pictures)
- Bought the SAMSUNG S23 Ultra with 12GB RAM/1TB storage
- Bought the LINKSYS 5G mobile hotspot router

2) Relook and turning inwards (W.I.P) to enhance the security of my laptop/mobile phone like
- Rooting to debloat preinstalled apps and install browsers/apps with no trackers
- Have data blockers (when in public places and using public charging station/hub/wall outlet) to protect against Juice Jacking. Using only self-owned ac wall charger and USB cables.
- Have physical port blockers by LINDY and install DuckHunter to protect against automated keystroke injection attacks by BadUSB/RubberDucky
- Software-lock the laptop/mobile phone to prevent unauthorised login. Authenticate using password and YubiKey 5C NFC with backup key as well
- Turn AutoPlay on laptop to OFF
- Ensuring OS and AV/AM are always up-to-date.
- Enforcing AV/AM malware scanning of inserted USB devices
- Password and encrypt USB drives as an extra layer of protection; ensure information backed up in case something happens to the drive. Use of AEGIS hardware-encrypted USB flash drive and with backup drive
- Use BitWarden Password Manger to handle my online passwords for non-critical usage and KeePassXC Password Manger to handle offline critical usage

3) To buy either the ThinkTank Photo Advantage XT or the Airport Security 3.0 Rolling Camera Bag for my video camera and accessories

4) DIY a high-end PC for 8K games and videos

5) Upgrade my EUFY Home Monitoring and Surveillance System’s IP cameras to 4K (provided more 4K camera models are available)

6) Set up a Fire/Smoke/Gas (LNG) Detection Safety System

7) Get a WiFi 7 router

8) Health Watch

Basic health monitoring would include the below. First 6 features are a must. There are separate smartwatches that have the Blood Glucose monitoring feature for now. Smart and Fitness features are secondary.
- ECG
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Rate
- Blood Oxygen, SpO2
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Temperature
- Blood Glucose
- HRV (Heart Rate Variability)
- Sleep Apnea
- Fatigue
- Stress
- others

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
SAMSUNG S23 Ultra - Front View

1678776829630.png

SAMSUNG S23 UIltra - Back View (case comes with MagSafe ring)

IMG-20230314-142858.jpg

Running on 5G

IMG-20230314-142950.jpg

SAMSUNG S23 Ultra with the LINKSYS 5G mobile hotspot router

IMG-20230314-143059.jpg

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
1) Going into 5G (see below pictures)
- Bought the SAMSUNG S23 Ultra with 12GB RAM/1TB storage
- Bought the LINKSYS 5G mobile hotspot router

2) Relook and turning inwards (W.I.P) to enhance the security of my laptop/mobile phone like
- Rooting to debloat preinstalled apps and install browsers/apps with no trackers
- Have data blockers (when in public places and using public charging station/hub/wall outlet) to protect against Juice Jacking. Using only self-owned ac wall charger and USB cables.
- Have physical port blockers by LINDY and install DuckHunter to protect against automated keystroke injection attacks by BadUSB/RubberDucky
- Software-lock the laptop/mobile phone to prevent unauthorised login. Authenticate using password and YubiKey 5C NFC with backup key as well
- Turn AutoPlay on laptop to OFF
- Ensuring OS and AV/AM are always up-to-date.
- Enforcing AV/AM malware scanning of inserted USB devices
- Password and encrypt USB drives as an extra layer of protection; ensure information backed up in case something happens to the drive. Use of AEGIS hardware-encrypted USB flash drive and with backup drive
- Use BitWarden Password Manger to handle my online passwords for non-critical usage and KeePassXC Password Manger to handle offline critical usage

3) To buy either the ThinkTank Photo Advantage XT or the Airport Security 3.0 Rolling Camera Bag for my video camera and accessories

4) DIY a high-end PC for 8K games and videos

5) Upgrade my EUFY Home Monitoring and Surveillance System’s IP cameras to 4K (provided more 4K camera models are available)

6) Set up a Fire/Smoke/Gas (LNG) Detection Safety System

7) Get a WiFi 7 router

8) Health Watch

Basic health monitoring would include the below. First 6 features are a must. There are separate smartwatches that have the Blood Glucose monitoring feature for now. Smart and Fitness features are secondary.
- ECG
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Rate
- Blood Oxygen, SpO2
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Temperature
- Blood Glucose
- HRV (Heart Rate Variability)
- Sleep Apnea
- Fatigue
- Stress
- others
It looks like you have a comprehensive list of resolutions for 2023/2024! Your focus on technology and personal security is essential, and it's great to see you taking steps to protect your devices and data. Additionally, improving your home monitoring and surveillance system is an excellent idea, as safety is always a top priority. Good luck with all of your resolutions - I hope you achieve all your goals and have a successful year ahead!

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Starting from Left to Right

1) AEGIS hardware-encrypted USB-C Flash Drive with back up
2) LINDY USB-C port blockers
3) LINDY USB-A port blockers
4) YUBIKEY 5C NFC with back up
5) 1TB KINGSTON DataTraveler USB-C USB Gen 3.2 flash drive - For OTG general video/picture storage from my phone
6) SAMSUNG Galaxy SmartTag Tracker - To track the bunch of items

IMG-20230314-184509.jpg

USB A-to-C and USB C-to-C Data Blockers

IMG-20230314-184819.jpg

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Wich antimalware scanners you have? Is that a webroot and something else?

btw what internet speeds are you having with the 5g?

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Wich antimalware scanners you have? Is that a webroot and something else?

btw what internet speeds are you having with the 5g?
LibreAV

Hypatia

They are Scanners ONLY. No trackers from F-Droid

I like the LINKSYS because of the below test results. If you check YT you can see it is very fast and cheaper as compared to others by DLINK/TP-LINK/NETGEAR. NETGEAR top 2 similar 5G mobile hotspots are definitely faster but also very expensive

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just bought a pair of Mark Levinson N5909 headphone on promotion price to use on-the-go with my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

I chose this over the Focal Bathys for it supports features like ANC, Aptx Adaptive, LDAC and a built-in 24bit/96kHz DAC

IMG-20230918-221649.jpg

YouTube intro review can watch here

Comparison reviews against the T+A ANC headphone

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.