Troubleshoot My Bluetooth is not working after upgrading to windows 8.1

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi just a week back i upgraded to windows 8.1, since then my display is acting weird my bluetooth over my pc not working.
Prob: when i turn on bluetooth it keeps searching for devices., the light sensor when i turn my bluetooth stays on colour even after i switch off bluetooth.

regarding this i tried downloading driverupdater softwares like, driver reviver, iobit DB, slim drivers, but all says no updates found, so could some one help me...

My Laptop Hardware config:

HP Pavilion G6 2201AX
AMD A8(Quad core)
AMD hd 76401, 7600 Dual grap
4GB Ram

I

illumination

purshupro said:
Hi just a week back i upgraded to windows 8.1, since then my display is acting weird my bluetooth over my pc not working.
Prob: when i turn on bluetooth it keeps searching for devices., the light sensor when i turn my bluetooth stays on colour even after i switch off bluetooth.

regarding this i tried downloading driverupdater softwares like, driver reviver, iobit DB, slim drivers, but all says no updates found, so could some one help me...

My Laptop Hardware config:

HP Pavilion G6 2201AX
AMD A8(Quad core)
AMD hd 76401, 7600 Dual grap
4GB Ram

Right swipe your desktop, open search, type "device Manager",click the "view" then click "show hidden devices".. Look in the "Bluetooth Virtual Devices" "Human Interface Devices" and "Network Adapters" for any of the bluetooth to have and exclamation mark next to them, may be as simple as a driver not compatible, and usually if you find this and go to the manufacturers website, and go to the drives and download seciton, you may find a recent patch for this.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
illumination said:
Right swipe your desktop, open search, type "device Manager",click the "view" then click "show hidden devices".. Look in the "Bluetooth Virtual Devices" "Human Interface Devices" and "Network Adapters" for any of the bluetooth to have and exclamation mark next to them, may be as simple as a driver not compatible, and usually if you find this and go to the manufacturers website, and go to the drives and download seciton, you may find a recent patch for this.

well thank u for ur reply, i tried what u told, but no use, i tried calling my manufacturer also they told we must downgrade back to win 8...

Upvote 0
I

illumination

purshupro said:
well thank u for ur reply, i tried what u told, but no use, i tried calling my manufacturer also they told we must downgrade back to win 8...

I had the same problem with my Sony, the bluetooth was flagged as well as the sony firmware, when i called Sony, they told me the same thing, i would have to downgrade.. But after some more researching on THEIR website, i found a patch, the was dated 3 months after the initial one on my system, that for some reason the "SONY VIAO Updater" was not catching, i applied the patch myself, and guess what, im on windows 8.1 with no issues now.. When i contacted Sony to tell them what i found, at first, they were like, that worked on windows 8.1, and i was like, yes, on it right now.. Then they said, thank you very much for that..

In my case, the Sony firmware, was corrupted somehow upon upgrading to windows 8, showing up as a unsigned driver, which of course windows 8.1 rejected. When i installed the patch i found, it corrected that problem..

Bluetooth is compatible with windows 8.1

Did you run the HP Updater prior to upgrading to 8.1? The bluetooth update should come through this.. Most of these updates have to be applied "BEFORE" you upgrade.. I would run this information back to HP, as simply telling you that you can not upgrade is not an answer i would settle for.

Reactions: akmal_c
Upvote 0
I

illumination

purshupro said:
so what should i do now to get mu issue resolved?

If it were me, with this problem, i would "reset to factory settings" starting over, i would then run all windows updates, and run all HP update's. Then i would upgrade to windows 8.1 before installing any of the programs i install and or use.

Make sure to thoroughly go through the HP Care updates for your machine, including any BIOS updates, ect.. Apply these patches.. Before you upgrade to windows 8.1 go to HP's website, and click on software & Drivers downloads, look for your model number, make sure there are no other updates available for your model, that need to be installed prior to upgrading. Cross check what you already have with what they have listed, this includes driver updates as well..

This was how i had to do my machine, and even though they told me to just "downgrade" my machine is up, running windows 8.1, with literally no issues, smooth as can be..

Compatibility is the key word here.. Make sure ALL updates and Patches are present before upgrade.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
illumination said:
purshupro said:
so what should i do now to get mu issue resolved?

If it were me, with this problem, i would "reset to factory settings" starting over, i would then run all windows updates, and run all HP update's. Then i would upgrade to windows 8.1 before installing any of the programs i install and or use.

Make sure to thoroughly go through the HP Care updates for your machine, including any BIOS updates, ect.. Apply these patches.. Before you upgrade to windows 8.1 go to HP's website, and click on software & Drivers downloads, look for your model number, make sure there are no other updates available for your model, that need to be installed prior to upgrading. Cross check what you already have with what they have listed, this includes driver updates as well..

This was how i had to do my machine, and even though they told me to just "downgrade" my machine is up, running windows 8.1, with literally no issues, smooth as can be..

Compatibility is the key word here.. Make sure ALL updates and Patches are present before upgrade.

Thank u. so i will give a try over it.

Upvote 0

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
the problem is that there are still alot of apps and software and programs that are not supporting windows 8.1 im finding them out myself

Upvote 0
I

illumination

rebel4life said:
the problem is that there are still alot of apps and software and programs that are not supporting windows 8.1 im finding them out myself

Im hearing of machines that had an error when trying to download windows 8.1 and were not able to do so because of serious compatibility issues. But in this case, it sounds as if he was able to with a few minor hickups, which i have found generally can be ironed out. It is why instead of saying, "you" should do this, i suggested, that if it were me, i would "do this", simply because, i was in that same boat, and did just that, and it worked out..

Besides, would you not feel silly, if you got as close as he did, just to find a couple problems, and the company just told you to downgrade, with no real answers.. And you did just that, not knowing that maybe if you tried one more time, this time doing things in a specific order, it may straighten out the issue, or even because your doing it this way, you find something you were over looking, and could be running the latest operating system..

Upvote 0

SkipStein

Nov 28, 2013
Yes, me too!

I have a Plantronics Voyager Legend. It used to work just fine with W7 but after installing W8 and upgrading to 8.1 it stopped. Funny thing is that it still shows up in the Device Manager but is not functional. I've tried to pair it over and over and nothing. I even was able to plug in the Legend via USB and upgrade the firmware but the bluetooth function refused to see it.

The Legend works just fine with my Note 2 but not with Windows 8.1.

All software is up to date.

Skip Stein
Management Systems Consulting, Inc.
software@msc-inc.net

Upvote 0

akmal_c

Jan 24, 2014
I had the same problem with my Sony, the bluetooth was flagged as well as the sony firmware, when i called Sony, they told me the same thing, i would have to downgrade.. But after some more researching on THEIR website, i found a patch, the was dated 3 months after the initial one on my system, that for some reason the "SONY VIAO Updater" was not catching, i applied the patch myself, and guess what, im on windows 8.1 with no issues now.. When i contacted Sony to tell them what i found, at first, they were like, that worked on windows 8.1, and i was like, yes, on it right now.. Then they said, thank you very much for that..

In my case, the Sony firmware, was corrupted somehow upon upgrading to windows 8, showing up as a unsigned driver, which of course windows 8.1 rejected. When i installed the patch i found, it corrected that problem..

Did you run the HP Updater prior to upgrading to 8.1? The bluetooth update should come through this.. Most of these updates have to be applied "BEFORE" you upgrade.. I would run this information back to HP, as simply telling you that you can not upgrade is not an answer i would settle for.

may i have the detail explanation? me also, using Sony and having this problem. just downloaded the patch. do i need to restart my laptop in order to make the bluetooth works or i can use it right after i downloaded it? thank you

Upvote 0
I

illumination

With Sony you have to do this upgrade in a certain order. Reset your machine back to factory settings "the original windows 8 that came on it" then first run "ALL" Viao updates", after making sure you have run all of them, go into Viao Care to the "Self Heal" and Run it to get get a couple of Patches, After doing this, run all Windows Updates, until it says there are no more, then go to the Windows Store, and UPGRADE to windows 8.1, after the upgrade is installed, the very first thing you need to do, is go back into the Viao Update, as there will be more updates immediately after installing windows 8.1, then after running all of those, go into the Self Heal of Viao Care again and run it. After doing this, finish up by running windows updates one more time, and you should be good to go!

Since my Original Posts in this thread, Sony Has fixed all the issues, you just have to install all of this in the certain order.

Upvote 0

DiVa

Jul 9, 2014

Hello Sir, I have Sony VAIO laptop as well and I am facing the same problem. But I could not find any Bluetooth Update Version on sony website that would be compatible with my laptop model.Model Number- SVE15133CNW.
I would be really grateful if you could help.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Hello Sir, I have Sony VAIO laptop as well and I am facing the same problem. But I could not find any Bluetooth Update Version on sony website that would be compatible with my laptop model.Model Number- SVE15133CNW.
I would be really grateful if you could help.
That has been corrected since then. You have to upgrade in a sequence in order for it all to install properly. Reset your machine back to windows 8, run ALL "SONY Updates" first, then run all of you windows updates. Now you may upgrade to windows 8.1, same sequence, after upgrading, run ALL "SONY updates first, then run windows updates to finish.

Reactions: Littlebits
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.