My Config

I

illumination

Thread author
Like a few others in this forum, i have grown weary of the issues associated with security suites, including seeing the events log, and many errors..

I have gone back to using default security built into windows 8.1 with the exception of an additional back up "as i do not fully trust microsoft"..

Im using Zemana Anti-logger together with windows defender, and have the licensed version of Hitman pro set up to scan upon start up..

After removing CIS and running windows firewall/defender, and getting a good feel for the speed of my system with this light set up, knowing this would also squash all the "issues" i have dealt with, this is the configuration i think im going to keep for awhile.. I have my main Browser hardened as well, with a few extensions..

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I can relate. IS security suites slow things down, but some do much more than others. Sandboxie and TF keep me lean, mean and secure, as it looks you new setup does.
I know you are not a novice, but UAC is still pretty useful.

I

illumination

Thread author
Gnosis said:
I can relate. IS security suites slow things down, but some do much more than others. Sandboxie and TF keep me lean, mean and secure, as it looks you new setup does.
I know you are not a novice, but UAC is still pretty useful.

It is incredibly light/fast with this set up. I run with a "standard" account and have UAC set to max settings, as well as the other security.. If im really iffy about where it is im going to tread on the net, i will turn on shadow defender, and connect via Cyberghost as well.. ;)

I

illumination

Thread author
Slimmed down even more. It is the lightest set up i have ever run..

I

illumination

Thread author
WalterWolf said:
Any tutorial ?

To be honest, most of the tutorials i came across for windows 8 were worthless. I did most of the changes myself "remembering windows 7 tweaks".

Maybe this article will help you with some of them, about the best one i have come across..

Tweakhound

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.