my configuration

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
I updated my configuration. I unistalled Kaspersky PURE 2.0, Comodo Fw and Superantispyware.
I'm using now Online Armor Premium as firewall and F Secure AV and Emisoft Antimalware as real time protection.

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
I' ve changed F Secure with Nod32.

I have created a second partition with Linux that in my opinion is much safer,

P

Plexx

c0ltran3 said:

What linux Distro you are using?

Linux being safe is usually a misconception up to a certain stage. Sure there are not much of infections going around but with Linux, you come across other issues with drivers, security patches etc.

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
Biozfear said:
c0ltran3 said:

What linux Distro you are using?

Linux being safe is usually a misconception up to a certain stage. Sure there are not much of infections going around but with Linux, you come across other issues with drivers, security patches etc.

I've iust installed Linux Ubuntu. Three years ago I passed from Windows to Linux and I've used it till six months ago.

I would like to know why you said that Nod32 is better than F Secure even if according to the tests it should be the opposite.
Thank you.

P

Plexx

c0ltran3 said:
I would like to know why you said that Nod32 is better than F Secure even if according to the tests it should be the opposite.
Thank you.

I was referring to the Online Scanner of ESET vs F-Secure.

Reason being ESET does have higher detection rate vs F-Secure (despite they have improved in that field as of version 2013).

If you are referring to testing companies tests, take it with a pinch of salt.

If you have the means, then do the tests yourself to have an idea versus recent packs. If you do not, then only thing I can suggest is using a trial of F-Secure and then swap to ESET and see which one fits you best (installers based to have an idea).

ESET Online Scanner is faster than F-Secure for example (at least for me).

As from personal experience, F-Secure's removal capabilities were somewhat less than desirable.

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
Biozfear said:
c0ltran3 said:
Thank you.

Reason being ESET does have higher detection rate vs F-Secure (despite they have improved in that field as of version 2013).

If you have the means, then do the tests yourself to have an idea versus recent packs. If you do not, then only thing I can suggest is using a trial of F-Secure and then swap to ESET and see which one fits you best (installers based to have an idea).

As from personal experience, F-Secure's removal capabilities were somewhat less than desirable.

Thanks for your answer.

Biozfear said:
c0ltran3 said:
Thank you.

Thanks for your answer.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Have not gone through the whole thread, but just in case someone might not of said, you can add Ghostery, Lastpass, Adblock Plus to Pale Moon.

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
McLovin said:
Have not gone through the whole thread, but just in case someone might not of said, you can add Ghostery, Lastpass, Adblock Plus to Pale Moon.

Thank you McLovin, I've just added Ghostery.

c0ltran3

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2012
I updated my configuratio using Comodo Internet Security with Emsisoft Antimalware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.