My First Build

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
So i found this graphics card wasnt sure about the brand but its decent price no mail in rebates which i always love saves the hassle of the little $30 gift card and i end up paying less. would it need 2x 6pin connectors to power it or would one be sufficient? and is it a decent brand?

finally changed my mind for a 7900 series since i can get saints row and tomb raider lol

Link to store
Link to manufacturer

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
That's a great card. In depth review here.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/club_3d_7950_royal_king_review/16

It does need 2 6-pin connectors.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
So i found this graphics card wasnt sure about the brand but its decent price no mail in rebates which i always love saves the hassle of the little $30 gift card and i end up paying less. would it need 2x 6pin connectors to power it or would one be sufficient? and is it a decent brand?

finally changed my mind for a 7900 series since i can get saints row and tomb raider lol

Link to store
Link to manufacturer

Paying 224 for that card is very good price offer, you will need two 6-pin and it will be sufficient. Try to overclock it till 1GHz as boost and see if it's stable.

Tell us what you think of it and how it works.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ok great and will it fit in my case with the two wires on top, a lot of people say its hard to fit in a midtower sometimes?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
Ok great and will it fit in my case with the two wires on top, a lot of people say its hard to fit in a midtower sometimes?

We use these kind of adapter at work and it's working fine and will fit in a midtower - a worker got a gtx 260, which is a lagre card btw and it went fine in the HP pavilion which is a quite small case that is not long nor width, you will need to see which of the molexes (since you will likely have more than only two) are best suited to give best air flow as possible.

P.S: As I look now, your case there shouldn't be a problem to add the molex adapter or the 6-pin connector. I see a cable that is stretching itself which seems to be the 8-pin (surely 4+4-pin) cpu connector, where the cpu is - this cable I would try to get at the backside of the case so that the cpu connector doesn't get in that way of the gpu.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Got the card and adapter lol now just have to get my work schedule to find out when i can install this baby :D

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
Got the card and adapter lol now just have to get my work schedule to find out when i can install this baby :D

Make stress test with first gpu by using furtmark and then the whole system (cpu + gpu) by adding prime95.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
got the video card installed and of course the adapter i bought for 6pin isnt exactly the same im guessing its a defect looking at it, the one pin slot is still square though it should be round and it even has the indents like it should be round just never cut.. so im gonna have to return it or try to round it myself

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
If you can return it, then do that otherwise you will loose the warranty. I could send you one that I know works, but I will need your address.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks but its ok I took my dremel and grinded it down and exacto knife to clean it up, only a $6 adapter so easier to fix it myself lol, fits now but im working now so I gotta wait for tomorrow to finish it

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
Thanks but its ok I took my dremel and grinded it down and exacto knife to clean it up, only a $6 adapter so easier to fix it myself lol, fits now but im working now so I gotta wait for tomorrow to finish it

Let me know when you change your mind :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
FurMark Test results:

I did the burn in for 15 minutes using 1920x1080 (cpu speed is wrong in the picture its overclocked to 4200 (4.2GHz))

4rvxpk.png

And instead of prime95 i stressed the computer using AIDA64 Extreme which i made sure GPU and CPU were checked.

Side note: temps for the gpu seem to max out at about 74 but average about 72 i would say. this is without overclock.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
Some pics: http://imgur.com/a/rt2mi

It's looking good :) Overclock it till 1GHz and see the temps during the stress test for an 1 hour so you can assure that you can play games for a longer time.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ok, should i stress test with FurMark for an hour or whole system with aida64?

And what settings should i use for FurMark?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
The hole system I would say.

As for settings, I go with the default. I have only used it once so I can't say what settings you should have but after looking around you should have a resolution of your monitor and put it in stability mode.

Once I get my IC Diamonds 24 Carats I will install it again and try Furtmark

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Just finished running it for 1hr 6mins all seems fine, temps were still about the same 72-73 average

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.