My First Build

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
The heat sink comes to close to the board so i ended up grinding them down with a file and now they are on the ram all good, just have to figure out where the vrm are and stick those on then the thermal paste

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
From what i could find on other sites im guessing its

dxl5eb.png

if im wrong i can always take it off and replace them. (source of my guess http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186666)

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I added the zalman head sinks to the green areas and the ram, put a dab of mx-2 on and ran a stress test with aida64 with the same overclock (core 1GHz, Memory 1250MHz, Power Limit +10%) and it averages out with the diode at 80, vrm1 85 and vrm2 80. vrm temps are slightly better than before and diode is about the same, for now im just going to download one of the free games i got (probably tomb raider) and see how the temps are for that

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Well i bought the arctic accelero xtreme 7970 and installed that (what a beast that is lol) but it seems to be working pretty good so far in the stress test about 20 mins in and im sitting at 54 for diode, 72 for vrm1 and 69 for vrm2 alot better than before and its much much quieter

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
imsoadude said:
From what i could find on other sites im guessing its

dxl5eb.png

if im wrong i can always take it off and replace them. (source of my guess http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186666)

That's about it :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.