Troubleshoot My laptop has gone mental

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hi folks, can someone help me with this ? I was only typing ( on MT )and got this for no apparent reason, not sure if i should just pull the plug and see what happens. Sorry for short reply but i am on a tablet at the moment and can hardly see the screen.
1509046766408.jpg

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
@Weebarra, try to restart your PC to see if you momentarily get the desktop, the fact is it is not easy to diagnose the BSOD but if you can download: Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files. it would be useful.
It is a small utility able to parse all of the minidump files written to the HDD after a fatal error. The program requires no installation and to be started, simply download the ZIP archive, extract it and double click on the executable BlueScreenView.exe.
Then you should post here the report.

Upvote 0

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Not good! Let me see if I can help you out!!

Maybe attaching the dump here can help us some more. Make sure all devices are updated - caution!!!!! Please update things that you only feel comfortable doing. If you don't feel comfortable doing this stuff please let us know.

About the “0x00000019” error
The following information on this error has been compiled by NeoSmart Technologies, based on the information gathered and reported by our global network of engineers, developers, and technicians or partner organizations.

Description and Symptoms
The error messages, alerts, warnings, and symptoms below are tied to this error.

Symptom 1: 0x00000019 error screen
This error states that a process went into the memory pool and it did not succeed in removing itself properly thus corrupting the header of the memory pool.

This error can be caused by the following:

• Anti-malware software
  • Driver conflict or outdated drivers
  • Faulty RAM memory
Causes of this Error
This error has been known to occur as a result of one or more of the following:

Cause 1: Faulty RAM module
The most common cause of this error is a faulty RAM module that periodically gives read/write errors. If that’s the case, then it is advisable to scan the system memory and replace the faulty RAM module.

Cause 2: Corrupt or outdated device drivers
Sometimes the device drivers may become misconfigured, corrupt or outdated. That may also happen after a Windows update or a Windows downgrade from a newer system to an older one.

Cause 3: Anti-malware software is installed
Sometimes, certain brands of anti-malware software can corrupt the system memory, making this error to appear.

Fixing “0x00000019” on Windows
Fix #1: Test your RAM
If the error is caused by a faulty RAM memory, check your RAM using the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start
  2. Type in Memory Diagnostics Tool in the search box
  3. Right-click on Memory Diagnostics Tool
  4. Choose Run as Administrator
  5. Follow the instructions to begin the diagnostic process
Fix #2: Update drivers
To check if the error is caused by a faulty drive, run an automatic driver update or manually update the drivers to the latest available versions.

To manually update a driver, follow these steps:

1. Click Start
  2. Type in devmgmt.msc in the search box
  3. Click devmgmt from results list
  4. Right-click on the driver
  5. To update the driver, select Update Driver Software.
  6. To disable the driver, select Disable.
  7. To uninstall the driver, select Uninstall.

Fix #3: Uninstall anti-malware software (risky, but I have seen this from time and time again)
Sometimes anti-malware software, like Malware Bytes, can be the main cause of this error.

Uninstall any anti-malware software running on your computer and then restart your computer.

Please be advised you should have some kind of protection enabled. Maybe doing a fresh install of the software will help. Revo Uninstaller Pro has a 30 free trial to get out all remaining stuff left behind from an AV or Anti-Malware.

Keep us posted!

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks @ElectricSheep & @tim one do i just turn it off with the power button cause i can't do anything so can't download the "blue screen thingy", i can't see this effing screen properly , i will come back in a minutr. @SHvFl will be laughing his furry little paws off at me, lol.
No @Arequire , no MB. I,m just gonna pull the plug.

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Right i am back :eek:. I don't know what happened but i just did a hard shut down but the funny thing is, i didn't get the usual message that "windows did not shut down correctly, start in safe mode, etc" it just started normally. I'm wondering if had overheated or something because it was really hot. Will i just forget it and move on or should i try to find out what happened (when i say i, i really mean you people cause i haven't a clue on how to figure any of that out) :giggle:

Upvote 0

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Right i am back :eek:. I don't know what happened but i just did a hard shut down but the funny thing is, i didn't get the usual message that "windows did not shut down correctly, start in safe mode, etc" it just started normally. I'm wondering if had overheated or something because it was really hot. Will i just forget it and move on or should i try to find out what happened (when i say i, i really mean you people cause i haven't a clue on how to figure any of that out) :giggle:

I last had a BSOD about a year ago, it happened 2 or 3 times on the same day and then just stopped - I to this day am still clueless as to the cause of it, but have been trouble free since... Touch wood! :rolleyes::p

Upvote 0

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Apologies @Lightning_Brian , i didn't see your reply in amongst that and what with being on that darned tablet , i will read your suggestion tomorrow if you don't mind, i'm too frazzled to take it in right now unfortunately but i do thank you and every one else for trying to help me.

@tim one , i managed to download that "thingy" but need to figure out how to get it in my post here, because the report looks enormous and i can't seem to capture it all.

I know more people have replied since and i am not being ungrateful or rude but i can't take the words in right now so please forgive me if i have appeared rude, it is not intentional and i will look at all the replies with fresh eyes tomorrow.

The dreaded BSOD! I'm no expert but this might help: What is a bad pool header and how do I fix it?

If it don't, I'm sure one of the other Minions on here will be able to help ya fix ya problem ;)

P.S. - Just noticed that you are a real minion now, lol

Upvote 0

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Apologies @Lightning_Brian , i didn't see your reply in amongst that and what with being on that darned tablet , i will read your suggestion tomorrow if you don't mind, i'm too frazzled to take it in right now unfortunately but i do thank you and every one else for trying to help me.

@tim one , i managed to download that "thingy" but need to figure out how to get it in my post here, because the report looks enormous and i can't seem to capture it all.

I know more people have replied since and i am not being ungrateful or rude but i can't take the words in right now so please forgive me if i have appeared rude, it is not intentional and i will look at all the replies with fresh eyes tomorrow.

P.S. - Just noticed that you are a real minion now, lol

@Weebarra All good! Glad your back up. Maybe you can upload that mini dump for us. We can then spot what is going on.

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hello again guys :rolleyes:, well it happened again twice this morning although the report below doesn't show them up, it only shows last nights for some reason but after much internet searching on how to read the dump file, i still couldn't find it or view it (even though it seems to be saved somewhere :unsure:) anyway, i tried a couple of the suggestions that @Lightning_Brian mentioned, ran the diagnostics tool>no memory issues, checked all my drivers > they are all up to date, I only have Zemana AM but it is purely as on demand scanner so i don't think i needed to do anything with that ( i am sure you will correct me if i'm wrong) then i tried the programme that @Telos suggested and got this (hopefully i can insert it) but it means nothing to me really. Thanks for trying to help me anyway but i might have to buy a new machine or i might just get a cat as apparently as my friend @SHvFl told me if i had a cat, it wouldn't have happened, lol.

crash dump snip.PNG

Attachments

• Crash dump.PNG
    Crash dump.PNG
    135.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.