Troubleshoot My laptop has gone mental

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Hi folks, can someone help me with this ? I was only typing ( on MT )and got this for no apparent reason, not sure if i should just pull the plug and see what happens. Sorry for short reply but i am on a tablet at the moment and can hardly see the screen.
1509046766408.jpg

Last edited:

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Blue screens. Gotta love em. They always seem to point to anything and everything! Great discussion here though! (y)

But hopefully the clues are in there. My experience with them has generally been flaky drivers or hardware.

Two clues pointed out already in this thread:
1. Heat. It's possible that a fan is failed, or failing, leading to overheated hardware, errors, and blue screen.
2. Uninstalling the bluetooth driver. In Windows it is always best to disable unneeded devices in Windows device manager, or if possible, in the BIOS setup.
If you only uninstall the driver, the next time Windows boots it will attempt to re-install a driver that it thinks is best, unless the device is actually disabled. This could introduce some driver instability that was not there previously.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
A quick look with Nirsoft's BlueScreen Viewer could tell us what was loaded at the memory position the crash occurred. That's how I usually solve my random blue screens...

I still consider exorcism sometimes :)
I may exorcise myself, lol. It's a pity i can't get a capture of the Nirsofts viewer log on here as it could probably point to something.

For the folks who don't "know" me. Most of these suggestions are way beyond me i'm afraid, i am totally clueless but tomorrow i will do a system image restore from a back up but i have been lax with that and it's a couple of months old but it will be better than what i've got at the moment plus it will uninstall the folder thingy and put my bluetooth back on then i'm going to forget all about it and go on holiday. I may when i come back look at W10 but that'll be another drama if i do that. Bet you can't wait for that !!

@Opcode, that machine is way too powerful for me (and beyond my budget) it's probably worth more than my house :ROFLMAO: and @ElectricSheep is right, i ain't no gamer, all i do is surf the web, send emails and use some graphics programmes now and again. Anyway, if you aren't all pissed off with me, i will update tomorrow ................ or not if my wee lappy blows up ;)

Seriously, i am truly grateful to you all for your suggestions. Many thanks (y)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65228

@Opcode, that machine is way too powerful for me (and beyond my budget) it's probably worth more than my house
What machine? :D I don't remember posting one hahaha. hmm. maybe someone else did and I quoted it? :)

And don't worry, no one here is annoyed at you! You have done absolutely nothing wrong. You were stuck and asked for help, there is nothing wrong with this :)

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Looking great did you do something with the hair. I won't bore you with more advice as theres plenty of that here.

Blue screens. Gotta love em. They always seem to point to anything and everything!
Yeah they are my favorites too. Just love em! Go MS.

I may when i come back look at W10 but that'll be another drama if i do that. Bet you can't wait for that !!
OOhhh yeah, can't wait. Just let us know. I might have to prepare for that. Gotta have some popcorns, lays, cold drinks, some chai-pakoras......

Upvote 0

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I may exorcise myself, lol. It's a pity i can't get a capture of the Nirsofts viewer log on here as it could probably point to something.

For the folks who don't "know" me. Most of these suggestions are way beyond me i'm afraid, i am totally clueless but tomorrow i will do a system image restore from a back up but i have been lax with that and it's a couple of months old but it will be better than what i've got at the moment plus it will uninstall the folder thingy and put my bluetooth back on then i'm going to forget all about it and go on holiday. I may when i come back look at W10 but that'll be another drama if i do that. Bet you can't wait for that !!

@Opcode, that machine is way too powerful for me (and beyond my budget) it's probably worth more than my house :ROFLMAO: and @ElectricSheep is right, i ain't no gamer, all i do is surf the web, send emails and use some graphics programmes now and again. Anyway, if you aren't all pissed off with me, i will update tomorrow ................ or not if my wee lappy blows up ;)

Seriously, i am truly grateful to you all for your suggestions. Many thanks (y)

An exorcism is always good for your health :) No worries. I love these Windows errors... studying them I discovered that you nearly never have to format and reinstall your computer... most errors have faster solutions than that :)

The last time I had a BSOD it ended up being a physical problem with the HD that had corrupted system files... Fortunately HDs are cheap :) I wish SSDs were as cheap... I can buy 9 1 tb HDs for my laptop for the price I'd pay for an ssd with the same capacity in my country...

Upvote 0

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I have seen sfc /scannow work wonders on some machines, but if the issue is far too in-depth the issue will continue.

I agree, and I think it's always worth giving it a go. :) Not long ago, after one not so successful windows update on my previous win 8.1 system, sfc /scannow wasn't able to do much, but luckily running the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth did the trick :)

Upvote 0

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I have seen sfc /scannow not work at first too. Sometimes giving it a go for a second or third time does the trick. This is if it reports errors that it cannot fix on the first time, second time etc. This would be highly unusual, but I have seen a few cases like this.

DISM is another great tool to have in your tool chest Restore Health can help quite a bit. Before doing that though please use

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

If this reports back that there is then the next valid step is to change the ending switch to /RestoreHealth.

Let us know if you need more explanation! I hope we can get this resolved for you. Great MT community!

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thank you all again, i will come back to thread in a couple of weeks and try the other suggestions. I did have a word with Santa Clause last night and he said if i was a girl, he will leave something under the tree for :D

What machine? :D I don't remember posting one hahaha. hmm. maybe someone else did and I quoted it? :)
:oops: sorry, i got my people mixed up/

Looking great did you do something with the hair. I won't bore you with more advice as theres plenty of that here.

Of course i did, i had just been to the hairdresser, did i forget to mention that she sight problems, lol.

OOhhh yeah, can't wait. Just let us know. I might have to prepare for that. Gotta have some popcorns, lays, cold drinks, some chai-pakoras......

Save me some pakoras, it could be a long long haul, lol.

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you all again, i will come back to thread in a couple of weeks and try the other suggestions. I did have a word with Santa Clause last night and he said if i was a girl, he will leave something under the tree for :D
Bet it's cat so he/she can fix the laptop. At least that is the smart option.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.