Hot Take My personal experience trying different VPNs in IRANs high censorship level

mab7899

Nov 8, 2022
“Personal experience “

Sharing my experience after trying almost every VPN with different ISPs, this is the list that i can at least rely on in every situation, I won’t mention VPNs that sometimes work and sometimes don’t:

Mullvad❌
Geph ❌
Adguard❌
F-secure Freedom ❌
Bitdefender ❌
Proton ❌
Speedify❌
Phsiphon ❌
Outline ❌ (tried different free servers, needs lots of volunteers from outside of Iran)
OrBot ❌

TorBrowser Snowflake ✅
ExpressVPN ✅
NordVPN ( Obfuscated servers)✅
Windscribe (WStunnel for desktop app, extension for browser) ✅

I rather choose a VPN that works at highest censorship levels , this is the time that the team behind a VPN company and developers show their capability 📍
Thanks for Sharing. I'm also from Iran. I'd liked to correct a few things!
Some of VPNs u mentioned as not working actually works!
1. Protonvpn: It works on android via Stealth protocol. I use it mostly on my phone.
2. geph: the beta version has a few improvements. such as a new protocol called "sosistab" I've tried it on windows. it works but the speed is low.
* I'd like to add VPNGATE.NET site. It has a list of VPN addresses that u can connect to. the speed is better than Geph. I'm corrently using it on windows.
p.s.: I wish Protonvpn had stealth protocol on windows.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
“Personal experience “

Sharing my experience after trying almost every VPN with different ISPs, this is the list that i can at least rely on in every situation, I won’t mention VPNs that sometimes work and sometimes don’t:

Mullvad❌
Geph ❌
Adguard❌
F-secure Freedom ❌
Bitdefender ❌
Proton ❌
Speedify❌
Phsiphon ❌
Outline ❌ (tried different free servers, needs lots of volunteers from outside of Iran)
OrBot ❌

TorBrowser Snowflake ✅
ExpressVPN ✅
NordVPN ( Obfuscated servers)✅
Windscribe (WStunnel for desktop app, extension for browser) ✅

I rather choose a VPN that works at highest censorship levels , this is the time that the team behind a VPN company and developers show their capability 📍
Add Surfshark and IPVanish as well.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Most VPN should work which run Obfuscated servers ( Aka SSL wrapped open VPN or SSL wrapped other protocols )

but you also need a VPN with tons of ip / which swaps servers often
thats why mullvad failed they dont swap often and have their entire server list visible including IP on their website , the dream of any censorship country easy to block.
Is VyprVPN's Chameleon named protocol, (anti-cencorship), also SSL wrapped open VPN? Is SSL wrapped open VPN, TCP or it is UDP?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.