Status
Not open for further replies.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
So far, there hasn't been any changes with wuauserv. I'm sorry that this hacker doesn't know when to quit.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
I can only suggest you contact Microsoft and get help for this problem.

I will leave this topic open for 6 days.
If you need to return please do.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
Ok, there's been one change and it was that disable was set to manual while not running, so I changed it back to disabled. Please don't tell me you're giving up.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

I just want you to get a second opinion from the Microsoft support group.
I have never seen so many services modified as you have encountered.

I will not close this topic until you get advice from Microsoft.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
Ok, I will try to give them a call and I will get back to you.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
Hello nasdaq, I did contact Microsoft via live online chat and I mentioned about my wuauserv situation, so support suggested that I reset my pc. I followed the instructions and I did reset. Time will tell if it's the solution that I've been looking for. I will watch my wuauserv that I disabled and stopped and I will probably give you an update soon.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
Ok, thx. So far so good, but I'm going to keep tabs on my services.msc.

Gib

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 23, 2014
I'm guessing my Services.msc is no longer manipulated. Thank you, it's been a pleasure getting help from you.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.