Advice Request My Take – Brave vs Firefox vs Ungoogled Chromium (UC - Eloston) Browsers

Other Browsers
48 Replies 26,534 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
Brave all the way, gave Firefox a whirl a few weeks ago but can't get on with it - I do use 'I don't care about cookies' extension which probably does decrease security but as I don't keep anything whatsoever between sessions (several daily) I feel the issue isn't worth worrying about - Brave on this PC is probably the longest I've had a browser on for several hundred years :D:D
 
Do you still have to manually install updates to ungoogled chromium (& extensions) or have they improved useability?

I don't mind doing this for Tor as I don't have any extensions etc but that was too much hassle for a primary browser so I opted for 1. Brave, 2. Firefox & 3. Tor.
 
Do you still have to manually install updates to ungoogled chromium (& extensions) or have they improved useability?

I don't mind doing this for Tor as I don't have any extensions etc but that was too much hassle for a primary browser so I opted for 1. Brave, 2. Firefox & 3. Tor.
Nope if you use the NeverDecaf's Chromium Web Store extension for installing/updating extensions. I did not try the chrlauncher whether it works for updating Ungoogled Chromium itself though


Read my review below

 
Last edited:
So, if one had to pick one browser as a compromise that is as close to being secure, I gather the consenus is Brave which comes with some of the bells and whistles, UC if one wants vanilla but must be customized with extensions, and only FF if one is willing to harden it with about:config tweaks.

Agree? I guess based on many comments, one should realize there is no such thing as the perfect secure browser but falls to personal preference.
 
I would say that I don't like any browser, as each has its own drawbacks. :) But, in Firefox, I at least have a user.js and userChrome.css to eliminate some of its drawbacks ))

For example, below are my favorite modifications, maybe someone will like them too:
 
When someone
- coins to square causes
- quacks square tweets
- looks square

1624272170287.png


he must be square :)
 
I would say that I don't like any browser, as each has its own drawbacks. :) But, in Firefox, I at least have a user.js and userChrome.css to eliminate some of its drawbacks ))

For example, below are my favorite modifications, maybe someone will like them too:
Fun fact, pyllyukko means buttman in finnish
 
I use Firefox using suggestions given at


That is, with about:config tweaks, multi-account containers, and cookie managers.

I put stores, banks, social media platforms, etc., in separate containers. I also use fake accounts in Google, Youtube, etc., if needed.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top