I have discovered a serious problem with Google Chrome. As you know I had a problem with "Nationzoom" on my computer. It is all gone now.
Resently I installed Google Chrome on another computer and after I locked in, my personal settings showed up.
Surprice, so did "Nationzoom".
That means that first you have "Nationzoom" on you computer, it will spread to other computers via Google Chromes servers.
My second computer has only the most needed programs. So I can`t have downloaded "Nationzoom" to my second computer. It had to come from Google`s servers, Personal settings.

I have notified Google in Denmark.
 
Yes, I did Synchronize my Google Chrome Bookmarks with your Google Account.
I got rid of Nationzoom in the same way as I did before on my other computer.

It is Google that have a problem with security.

of cause I might get Nationzoom, again and again until Google solves the problem.
 
Delete the Nationzoom from Google Chrome bookmarks... Search inside the Bookmarks and delete it.

Check it here.
www.google.com/bookmarks/‎
 
Bookmarks was clean on the computer.
Her is a question : Does virus and malware work on a 64 bit computer or is there less virus and malware if you run 64 bit windows ?
 
I have just installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my computer. All traces of Nationzoom was removed on the two computers I have.
When I installed Google Chrome on my new win 7 64-bit, Nationzoom showed up in the usual way. I removed it once again. It confirms that Nationzoom in some way stays at the Google server even after I have removed all traces, including bookmarks.
 
Let's make another check:



Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

    Code:
    createsrpoint; 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
 
I can do what you ask, but I did a clean install, format drive c and so on. There is no way that Nationzoom could still be on the computer. It had to come from the Google server
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top