Advice Request Never Download a Driver-Updating Utility; They’re Worse Than Useless

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

hello i have my own experience regarding driver utilities,i have had Driver Genius and Driver Reviver, both were very bad, i had nothing but troubles so i had to do a factory reset. I will never touch such software again,it is so wrong because it is the least experimented user who purchase these programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 2913
L

LabZero

I bought my Toshiba Satellite a few years ago with Windows 8 preinstalled.
After the upgrade to Windows 10, many drivers downloaded from Windows Update gave error.
It seems that on official Toshiba website there are no updated driver versions because my laptop is too old.
I"ve tried Iobit Driver Booster re evaluating my opinions and what to say.
It has actually updated 13 Toshiba,Intel,Realtek drivers (audio,video, lan, chipset, etc).
I'm testing the situation and no problem until now.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I bought my Toshiba Satellite a few years ago with Windows 8 preinstalled.
After the upgrade to Windows 10, many drivers downloaded from Windows Update gave error.
It seems that on official Toshiba website there are no updated driver versions because my laptop is too old.
I"ve tried Iobit Driver Booster re evaluating my opinions and what to say.
It has actually updated 13 Toshiba,Intel,Realtek drivers (audio,video, lan, chipset, etc).
I'm testing the situation and no problem until now.
Please keep us up to date on your progress please with this software. ;)

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Iobit Driver Booster (4) worked perfect for me on every occasion. Particularly on older hardware, though even on new it does not change its usefulness. Iobit's Uninstaller and Driver Booster surprised me, the rest of their software i don't dare use.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Should i risk it? :D

2016-10-26_11-53-15.jpg

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
Im always cautious with these types of programs but i have never had an issue with driver booster i make sure the WHQL is ticked to, i also check everything before i install i look at the driver dates and versions.

Always check what you want updated before you install, my friend got a BSOD cause of wifi adaptor being wrong version and from wrong manufacture thats why i check each one to make sure.

Dec 24, 2016
You do not know how much I wish I read this article before updating my drivers using Driver Booster.
I used DriverBooster to update my drivers from a youtube video, "how to increase fps in CSGO (a computer game)", and it has decreased my fps instead a lot, and f*cked up my pc. It is slow and as I am typing this it is very choppy. I am currently trying to rollback my drivers using the same software, and I hope my pc does not stay like this, especially it is very good and expensive.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
You do not know how much I wish I read this article before updating my drivers using Driver Booster.
I used DriverBooster to update my drivers from a youtube video, "how to increase fps in CSGO (a computer game)", and it has decreased my fps instead a lot, and f*cked up my pc. It is slow and as I am typing this it is very choppy. I am currently trying to rollback my drivers using the same software, and I hope my pc does not stay like this, especially it is very good and expensive.

The rollback option should work just fine if not just do a system restore and it will be sorted, did you check the drivers it was installing before you ticked them? seems like a driver is conflicting with something and causing the issue, one time i tried auslogics driver updater and a driver there causes my sound to bug out in games and music so i know not to download certain ones.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.