New changes to McAfee's GUI

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have reinstalled McAfee on one of my devices and was literally surprised. The GUI is snappy and they got rid of "opening in a new window" when you run a scan or an update; everything now happens in the main window.

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

The product now is lighter than ever!

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
They can make 1001 changes to their UI, their product continue weak, weak and weak against Malware.

Never will enter to my options. Waste of time!

McAfee seems a product unfinished, with many lack of functionality, mention above.
They should focus on get high skilled team, and do a revolution in their product.

videogamer1500

Level 2
Verified
Apr 4, 2019
They can make 1001 changes to their UI, their product continue weak, weak and weak against Malware.

McAfee seems a product unfinished, with many lack of functionality, mention above.
They should focus on get high skilled team, and do a revolution in their product.
Ever since McAfee was bought by Intel, they have continued to improve their protection. The only weakness they have is their lack on zero day which they are working on and their lack of the ability to manually exclude files incase a false positive occurs. Give Intel some time, it is very hard to take the first antivirus ever invented and revolutionize it especially when you are Intel and have to now deal with AMD's innovation in the processing field as well.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Ive found mcafee to be by far the heaviest in terms of both resources and system impact, its system impact is worse than malwarebytes and resource usage is as bad as bitdefender.
Well, at least on my devices it does not impact system startup nor cause any system impact. Its ram usage is very very low and it does not cause any browsing slowdowns.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

Well have you carried out any test to back up what you said? I am not defending the product but I am also not a fan of this way of judging things.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Ever since McAfee was bought by Intel, they have continued to improve their protection. The only weakness they have is their lack on zero day which they are working on and their lack of the ability to manually exclude files incase a false positive occurs. Give Intel some time, it is very hard to take the first antivirus ever invented and revolutionize it especially when you are Intel and have to now deal with AMD's innovation in the processing field as well.
Thank you for pointing this out. Changes suggest that the product is being worked on and it is improving. McAfee WebAdvisor stops a lot of nasty things and it should keep malware from reaching your system. Regarding FPs, I have not encountered any.

Reactions: Nevi

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
McAfee has improved a lot and I think judging it based on how it performed 5+ years ago isn't fair. I use it for my entire family and never had any issues regarding the performance or detection capabilities.
Well some people have always did the same and this is not gonna change any time soon. Anyway I am enjoying McAfee too, and now it is installed on every single device in my household. I do not promote McAfee nor keep nagging users or MT members to use it but I do confirm it has improved a lot.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.