New Release : Immunet 7.3.0 ( 16 june 2020 )

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hello all,

We are happy to announce a new release of Immunet: Version 7.3.0!

This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before but also includes some new features, enhancements and bug fixes as below.

Changes in 7.3.0

New & Enhancements:
  • New endpoint threat activity detection engine
  • New Immunet UI cloud connect status message replacing cloud stats message

Bug Fixes:
  • Connector cloud registration issue fix related to long network interface names
  • Fixed an issue related to support package
  • Mitigating fixes related to no-reboot upgrade and uninstall failures
  • Immunet Installer bug fixes
  • Other bug fixes

You can get the new installer from here https://download.immunet.com/binaries/immunet/bin/ImmunetSetup.exe

Expected upgrade behaviour for Immunet users:
  • Upgrades from Connector versions < 7.0.0 to 7.0.0+ require a reboot to complete
  • Upgrades from Connector versions 7.0.0+ to any higher version do not require a reboot to complete

Looking forward to your participation in using our new detection engine and some help in cases of upgrade reboot failures issues, if encountered any. We would appreciate it if you can reach out to us via support forum with Support logs as soon as you see upgrade failing or upgrade asking for a reboot on upgrade.

If you are running an older version of Immunet, you should be able to upgrade via the 'Update Now' button in the UI. If you don't see the update in your UI we recommend uninstalling Immunet and reinstalling the version downloaded from Immunet AntiVirus
http://www.immunet.com/index

Source: New Release : Immunet 7.3.0

I have not heard anything about MalwareTips users having using immunet in a while, i decided to post this thread because of the new detection engine... has anyone tried it yet? If i remember correct @Evjl's Rain and @imuade were using immunet in the past

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Immunet AntiVirus

Source: New Release : Immunet 7.3.0

I have not heard anything about MalwareTips users having using immunet in a while, i decided to post this thread because of the new detection engine... has anyone tried it yet? If i remember correct @Evjl's Rain and @imuade were using immunet in the past
it was good in version 6 with very high detection rate but fell down in version 7 since the day they added the new engine
I haven't tried this version yet, but I don't think it would be as good as itself in the past

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I like the idea of Immunet but I'm well enough protected with WD and H_C that I don't see the purpose of a companion antivirus like this or similarly Malwarebytes though I use the latter for occasional OnDemand scans.
You can combo immunet with pretty much anything if you want light av + combo software

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I have tried it briefly, but I wasn't impressed too much about the lightness.
By the way, it may be my feeling only, but it seems that most 3rd party AVs don't play well with Windows 10 2004 update.
When I tried Immunet and 360TS I got high CPU spike from cryptosvc service and when I installed Wisevector or Panda my PC was completely unusable...
Did Microsoft do something with purpose to let user stick with Windows Defender???

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
same, I installed WiseVector on windows 10 2004. It was slow. I did notice higher CPU and disk usage than usual, compared to windows 1909 or windows 8.1 9300
after some cache collection, WV was noticeably faster but still couldn't compare to itself on lower windows versions
I rolled back to 1909, it was more stable

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello all

We are happy to announce a new release of Immunet: Version 7.3.2!

This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes some new features, enhancements and bug fixes as below.

Changes in 7.3.2

New:

• Exploit Prevention engine with Script Control support
Bugfixes/Enhancements
  • Improvements to endpoint threat activity detection engine
  • Increased the number of process exclusions honoured by the Connector to 500.
  • Improved stability of local UI notifications.
  • Addressed an issue where System Process Protection exclusions would not work for processes that start before the Connector.
  • Changed Connector driver altitudes to officially registered altitudes.
  • Removed Connector-related events and logs from a computer when the Connector is uninstalled
  • Addressed issues with file exclusions.
  • General performance and stability improvements for Exploit Prevention engine
  • Fix for the vulnerability described in CVE-2019-0708.
  • Fixed Exploit Prevention engine compatibility issues with the following applications:
    • APTA Connect
    • MS PowerPoint 2016/2013
    • FSLogix
    • Internet Explorer and different plugins
    • CIG
    • ACG
    • MS Office
    • Appv applications
    • Visual Studio debugger
    • Vizient and Open Text IRM
    • Black Knight
You can get the new installer from here https://download.immunet.com/binaries/immunet/bin/ImmunetSetup.exe

Expected upgrade behaviour for Immunet users:

* Upgrades from Connector versions < 7.0.0 to 7.0.0+ require a reboot to complete
* Upgrades from Connector versions 7.0.0+ to any higher version do not require a reboot to complete

If you are running an older version of Immunet, you should be able to upgrade via the 'Update Now' button in the UI. If you don't see the update in your UI we recommend uninstalling Immunet and reinstalling the version downloaded from Immunet AntiVirus

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
We are happy to announce a new release of Immunet 7.4.0.

This latest version of Immunet provides the same great protection against malware and viruses as before, but also includes some new features, enhancements and bug fixes as below.

Changes in 7.4.0

New:
  • The Connector files will only be signed with a SHA-2 certificate and no longer be signed with a SHA-1 certificate starting with this release.
  • Behavioral Protection now monitors processes making outgoing HTTP calls for malicious activity.
  • New ImmunetUnifiedConnector service that allows critical Immunet updates to be pushed to users.
Bugfixes/Enhancements:
  • Made performance and stability improvements to the Exploit Prevention engine.
  • Improved the stability of the Device Flow Correlation engine and driver.
  • Addressed a potential hang on Connector shutdown.
  • Addressed an issue where in rare cases the Behavioral Protection engine could cause a blue screen.
  • The Behavioral Protection engine now properly monitors file deletes on FAT32 file systems.
  • Improved quarantine process for files that are signed with both a SHA-1 and SHA-2 certificate.
  • Addressed an issue where the Orbital service could start while disabled in policy.

Expected upgrade behavior for Immunet users:

• Upgrades from Connector versions below 7.0.0 to 7.0.0 and higher require a reboot to complete
  • Upgrades from Connector versions starting 7.0.0 to any higher version do not require a reboot to complete

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
It has very well static detection rate I think but could be improved against scripts. I haven't seen any performance issue in virtual machine. Memory usage goes up (to 1 GB) only if you keep ClamAV engine enabled and at the times that something is scanned. The rest of the time it is about 60-180 MB.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.