Advice Request NextDNS thoughts and experiences?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

Attachments

• NextDNS.PNG
    NextDNS.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 330

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Offf... checked - Download with Sandblast Adv. (Checkpoint Enterprise) Threat Emulation - Got flagged as malicious in Sandbox Emulation - This happens if something suspicious is happening in the Virtual Machine of Checkpoint.
View attachment 252738
On my Infinity Portal Log it shows as - Bot and Trojan coz of Port scanning and File Reputation
View attachment 252739
New Scan today reviled that File seems OK but Windows Defender SmartScreen still sez nope -.-
1610365779892.png

Best regards
Val.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Have you guys enabled these two features? Does it improve performance, minimize queries?
I also play an online FPS game. Will this have any impact on that, positive/negative?
View attachment 253167
I disable both as I have Pro so I don't care about less queries.
Disable CNAME flattering can solve some problems but it's still a new feature so I guess time will fix that.

Anyway I will not change that in my guide as it's better compatible with non-Pro account

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I disable both as I have Pro so I don't care about less queries.
Disable CNAME flattering can solve some problems but it's still a new feature so I guess time will fix that.

Anyway I will not change that in my guide as it's better compatible with non-Pro account
I'm using free. I have found this info.
Minimize DNS queries by enforcing a minimum TTL (Time to live).

Some DNS answers are set with very low TTL to force DNS recursive resolvers like us to refresh them very often. Low TTLs also force end-clients (your devices) to perform new DNS requests on almost every use.

When Cache Boost is enabled, a minimum TTL of 300 (5 minutes) is enforced on DNS answers before they are sent to your devices. Our servers will still refresh those entries at the requested frequency, but it won’t force your devices to perform more queries than necessary. This is especially interesting on mobile devices with high latency to DNS and limited battery life.
So looks like it could be useful specially for free users.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Grr. I think I'll quit scanning this file coz somehow it get's worse!
Scanned with Sandblast Agent for Windows 64bit E84.30 and Browser Extension -> (Check Point SandBlast Agent for Browsers) for Threat Emulation -> Sandbox before Download

Best regards
Val.
Like me, you can use NextDNS using YogaDNS if you wish. It's better than the official app IMO.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Grr. I think I'll quit scanning this file coz somehow it get's worse!
Scanned with Sandblast Agent for Windows 64bit E84.30 and Browser Extension -> (Check Point SandBlast Agent for Browsers) for Threat Emulation -> Sandbox before Download

Best regards
Val.

You should, it is a Sisyphus job that doesnt accomplish anything but meaninglessness triggering your and some users paranoia, pure FUD.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.