Advice Request NextDNS thoughts and experiences?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
But more seriously, if I can prove that 300 000 isn't enough for me, it won't be enough for basically everyone. Considering that I'm the one making most of the browsing in the house.

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
But more seriously, if I can prove that 300 000 isn't enough for me, it won't be enough for basically everyone. Considering that I'm the one making most of the browsing in the house.
Same for me, thats why I paid the 20$ to support the small team. Out of all the DNS services NextDNS provides the most customizability and is definitely worth it. (my personal opinion)

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Same for me, thats why I paid the 20$ to support the small team. Out of all the DNS services NextDNS provides the most customizability and is definitely worth it. (my personal opinion)
What I'm going to do is leave NextDNS at the router, for all the devices that are less configurable, but setting CloudFlare families on PC for more speed and compatibility. And this way the 300k queries must be more than enough.

• +Reputation
  • Applause
Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Do you think the speed between NextDNS and Cloudflare is worth considering?
Quad9 seems to be really slow, but the blue bar is shorter than the red one. I don't know how that translates into real world performance.

Sem Título.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
True but DNS is always about milliseconds.
And if it works, why not use that extra speed?
I am surprised you said this considering how much I have seen you praise NextDNS on here.

I personally use Cloud-flare because NextDNS is not even in the Top 10 resolvers in my area.

NextDNS is certainly much more configurable than cloud-flare when I test it out. If they improve their performance
at my location I would probably switch to NextDNS.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I am surprised you said this considering how much I have seen you praise NextDNS on here.

I personally use Cloud-flare because NextDNS is not even in the Top 10 resolvers in my area.

NextDNS is certainly much more configurable than cloud-flare when I test it out. If they improve their performance
at my location I would probably switch to NextDNS.
If you scroll down to the world map on NextDNS you can see a ping from your side to their side.
1620460069445.png

Anway you can contact them at their support forum and they will help with improving your connection (y)

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
If we use NextDNS android app, without a custom configuration, what exactly is it doing? On playstore it claims to encrypt your traffic, so is it basically like Warp?

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I have NextDNS on my iPhone and my iPad. Very good tool for privacy and security. Only OISD filter. On my PC, I still go with uBlock Origin: with NextDNS, I cannot utilize my pop3 email delivery system that depends on my internet provider. I use it for friends and family. I use Gmail for public stuff.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.