Advice Request NextDNS thoughts and experiences?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Since I've started using NextDNS at my router, my Home Theater asks for my Netflix password every few days. It used to remember it for months. It's probably s coincidence, but could it be related?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Is there a way to block YouTube ads with NextDNS ?? As Ghostery browser plugin on my Firefox can successfully block ads on YouTube.

Reactions: Nevi

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I had issues with pop3 mail and NextDNS. I have a pop3 mail app from my internet provider. Furthermore, I couldn't use it anymore with NextDNS. I just whitelisted the in and out server domains of my internet provider and everything runs good.

Jan Willy

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I had issues with pop3 mail and NextDNS. I have a pop3 mail app from my internet provider. Furthermore, I couldn't use it anymore with NextDNS. I just whitelisted the in and out server domains of my internet provider and everything runs good.
Haven't you looked at blocks in the NextDNS log?

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
If you're happy, look at Pro subscription.
Even if you're not hit the 300k queries (like me), supporting them is only fair and will improve their service. The price isn't also very much - in my opinion.
Of course the price isn't very much. Very much is many "not very much" prices added together. That's what many people don't realize and fail to understand why they don't have any money at the end of the month 🤣

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Of course the price isn't very much. Very much is many "not very much" prices added together. That's what many people don't realize and fail to understand why they don't have any money at the end of the month 🤣
And every PC enthusiast wants developers to provide a free product and complain when it isn't updated frequently enough to their liking. Oh and you can't support a free product with ads. That's evil. (Not directed at you specifically).

Choosing to not pay is the wise choice in this world where we all have too many subscriptions, unless it provides appropriate value.

Last edited:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
And every PC enthusiast wants developers to provide a free product and complain when it isn't updated frequently enough to their liking. Oh and you can't support a free product with ads. That's evil. (Not directed at you specifically).

Choosing to not pay is the wise choice in this world where we all have too many subscriptions, unless it provides appropriate value.
It must be free, open-source, no data collection, no transaction services, but it must have FaceBook access.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
For me NextDNS suffered some lag, but they seem to have solved that for my region, so now it looks like a free service to good to be true (no ads, you can specify where your logs are stored, option to disable logging completely).

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
On my iPhone, I installed Lockdown Privacy, the free firewall part. I already have a VPN on my phone (Windscribe). What I like about LP is that it stops the trackers at the device level (impressive) while NextDNS works at the server level. They work nicely together. Instead of installing LP, I could have added more blocklists to NextDNS, maybe.... The main focus of LP is trackers while ND covers a larger area.
I already use NextDNS on my PC and Ipad and like it very much. On my Chromebook, I prefer uBlock Origin.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
On my iPhone, I installed Lockdown Privacy, the free firewall part. I already have a VPN on my phone (Windscribe). What I like about LP is that it stops the trackers at the device level (impressive) while NextDNS works at the server level. They work nicely together. Instead of installing LP, I could have added more blocklists to NextDNS, maybe.... The main focus of LP is trackers while ND covers a larger area.
I already use NextDNS on my PC and Ipad and like it very much. On my Chromebook, I prefer uBlock Origin.
Would be interested in your full config of your PC and phone. Maybe you could create a post when you find the time. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.