Installed Items:
IObit Uninstaller
SpywareBlaster
Ccleaner with CCEnhancer-3.7
Secunia PSI
EMET Notifer 3.0.0 {On-Out-In} Maximum Security Settings
KeyScrambler V3.1 Personal
Comodo TuneUp
Hola for Windows (To make my Internet Faster "It also works for Android as well.")
Search Provider:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=yegg
Back-up:
provided by SugarSync 2.0
Secondary Back-up on to Portable Drive
Extra Information:
3rd Party Cookies Blocked within Comodo Dragon.
UAC Maximum
Auto Play turned off.
User Account Privileges
I have both set on Main + on Laptop (I.E. Administrator and Standard)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: Nige_40 Configuration

its good, nothing else to add.

P

Plexx

Thread author

One question: any reason for Ice Dragon?

N

Nige_40

Thread author

Malware Maniac said:
Why did you make a new configuration?

Because I had too many pagers, and with so much info told that I needed to cut it down.

So with a fresh start it feels better. That is just my own personal Preference.

N

Nige_40

Thread author

Biozfear said:

Well Biozfear, I have tested Opera, and Google Chrome and also Comodo Dragon. That I found Ice Dragon better for my Preference.

I do not like Fire Fox standalone. < been testing it out for years, but still not like it.

So that is why I have chosen Ice Dragon and second it was provided by Comodo.

Regards

Nigel.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Nige_40 said:
Biozfear said:

Well Biozfear, I have tested Opera, and Google Chrome and also Comodo Dragon. That I found Ice Dragon better for my Preference.

I do not like Fire Fox standalone. < been testing it out for years, but still not like it.

So that is why I have chosen Ice Dragon and second it was provided by Comodo.

Regards

Nigel.

Fair enough.

I like Chrome. FF i used to use up to version 4. I still have the latest version installed but barely use it.

N

Nige_40

Thread author

I will take it back Biozfear, I have dumped Ice Dragon due to reading the latest blog on Comodo Forum. Therefore, I Have put back Comodo Dragon. Which looks better now, and I'm going to keep it. Therefore, in other words I'm going the Comodo way :)

Nigel

P

Plexx

Thread author

Fair enough, it is only by testing and trialling that one will find the product that suits him/her best.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Looks like your set. I'm glad that you have a backup option.

N

Nige_40

Thread author

Biozfear said:
Fair enough, it is only by testing and trialling that one will find the product that suits him/her best.

Thanks Biozfear :goodpost:

N

Nige_40

Thread author

McLovin said:
Looks like your set. I'm glad that you have a backup option.

Thanks also McLovin for that Update.

Regards

Nigel :agree:

N

Nige_40

Thread author

Update Config!

Removed Iobit Uninstaller. and replaced it with Revo Uninstaller free.

Updated a few things so I'm all set.

If anyone else likes to add what I'm missing please tell me

Regards

Nigel

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Love Revo, so that was a good choice. Do you use a ad-blocking addon for Dragon?

N

Nige_40

Thread author

McLovin said:
Love Revo, so that was a good choice. Do you use a ad-blocking addon for Dragon?

I used to have an ad-blocker for the older version of dragon before it got updated to the latest. I don't want to have to many Add-ons since it slows my connection down. But I will add one tomorrow.

Thanks McLovin for the feedback

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

For a 32-bit Windows user, I'm a little surprised you chose IObit Uninstaller over Revo Uninstaller in the first place. :biggrin:

Nige_40 said:

N

Nige_40

Thread author

Earth said:
For a 32-bit Windows user, I'm a little surprised you chose IObit Uninstaller over Revo Uninstaller in the first place. :biggrin:

Nige_40 said:

Well True Earth, The Reason why I had it, was due to me having The full IObit Suite called Advance system care. But I removed it due to not wanting to pay for it. So I reinstalled the Uninstaller. Then I come up with all those issues, on what I posted on the Malware talk area of Forum.

So it was then I looked into Revo and I like what I seen, then I put it in place of IObit.

So overall I'm happy now, just need to fix a Adblock/Tracking Add-on Similar to Fanboy.nz onto Dragon.

N

Nige_40

Thread author

I'm all set now with my RE config of system. I now have the same for this Machine, as well as my Laptop.

So is there anything else that I'm missing ?

Please let me know

Regards

Nigel

N

Nige_40

Thread author
I have Installed a 30 day copy of Emsisoft Anti Malware 7.0 with Online Armor Premium. Looks good so far.

I am boried waiting for CIS 6.0 so that is why I'm trying these for 30 days. I may stay with them if they end up being real good, and better than CIS 6.0 :)

I did have Emsisoft Anti Malware 7.0 already installed. Before I put Online Armor Premium on my Main Machine.

I still have My Config set for my laptop at the moment. So what is why I have not changed any text on the Main Configuration.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.