Regards

Nigel

N

Nige_40

Thread author
I've Fixed up my VPN

CyberGhost VPN (Free) < Main PC

OkayFreedom VPN (Free) < Laptop

I did this since I can't have 2 Computers on a single VPN I.E. Both on CyberGhost VPN (Free)

OkayFreedom VPN (Free) is running well so far for laptop :)

P

Plexx

Thread author
Nige_40 said:
Added: WinPatrol [Free Edition]

How are you liking WP? Also in your opinion how is WP acting along with CIS 6.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Biozfear said:
Nige_40 said:
Added: WinPatrol [Free Edition]

How are you liking WP? Also in your opinion how is WP acting along with CIS 6.

I'm just getting into it. It looks good, and very useful

I have had no problems with WP and CIS 6 as yet.

But I will keep you posted.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Here is an update. I ran a Rating scan with CIS 6 and it showed sqlite3.dll under unknown files. Age 17 mins.

Mind you only installed WP about 20 mins ago.

So I'm not sure to trust it as yet.

I looked at sqlite3.dll under Unknown files within Rating scan and it showed this > C:\program files\billp studios\winpatrol

I

illumination

Thread author
Nige_40 said:
Here is an update. I ran a Rating scan with CIS 6 and it showed sqlite3.dll under unknown files. Age 17 mins.

I looked at sqlite3.dll under Unknown files within Rating scan and it showed this > C:\program files\billp studios\winpatrol

The unknown files means it is not in their list. Mine still has AMD's Newest ATI Radeon files listed as unknown.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
illumination said:
Nige_40 said:

The unknown files means it is not in their list. Mine still has AMD's Newest ATI Radeon files listed as unknown.

Thanks illumination I will make it trusted

Regards

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
you could try DhadowDefender or Toolwiz TimeFreeze as a light virtualization system
these reduce your system's chance of getting infected drastically

and Sandboxie

and LastPass

N

Nige_40

Thread author
VectorFool said:
you could try DhadowDefender or Toolwiz TimeFreeze as a light virtualization system
these reduce your system's chance of getting infected drastically

and Sandboxie

and LastPass

Thanks for the Tips Vectorfool

I have used Sandboxie,in the past But I nerve hardly used it

with LastPass I don't store Passwords on any of my systems, so I don't need to use it.

With ShadowDefender that is mainly used with Virtual Machine, and I've used it twice when I had VMware.

with Toolwiz TimeFreeze I have noticed a few members on here saying they don't like it.

Plus I have not tried it as yet.

So thanks anyway for the tips Vector.

Regards

Nigel

I

illumination

Thread author
Nige_40 said:
With ShadowDefender that is mainly used with Virtual Machine, and I've used it twice when I had VMware.

It is your config to do with how you see fit, but do know that Shadow defender does compliment your security well. One does not need a VM to use it. I combine Shadow Defender and CIS for layered security, they work well together.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
illumination said:
Nige_40 said:

It is your config to do with how you see fit, but do know that Shadow defender does compliment your security well. One does not need a VM to use it. I combine Shadow Defender and CIS for layered security, they work well together.
Thanks illumination I can only try. :) and see if it's beneficial for my system

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Added: Shadow Defender [30 day free trial]

So now I can have a good test for 30 days :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Added K9 Web Protection, and so far it looks good. :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Installed EMET Notifer 3.0.0

also added Peer Block(P2P/Spyware/Advertisement)

all for that extra protection :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.