Nige_40 Config

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Removed Emsisoft Anti Malware 7.0 with Online Armor Premium

And Replaced it with Avast 7 Internet Security. I'm using 30 day Trial

So far I'm liking it with smooth looking GUI and Audio.

Once again. > I still have My Config set for my laptop at the moment. So what is why I have not changed any text on the Main Configuration.

So I guess I will keep this for 30 days until CIS 6 comes out :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Nige_40 said:

FYI (from Languy99) you cannot import your old CIS config (.cfgx file) into the new one :(

N

Nige_40

Thread author
NSG001 said:
Nige_40 said:

FYI (from Languy99) you cannot import your old CIS config (.cfgx file) into the new one :(

I know that NSG001. I don;t have anything of CIS 5.10 installed in this machine. And I only have Avast 7 installed.

what I mean about 30 days is I only have Avast 7 for 30 days on Trial Licence until I decide to move to CIS 6.0 if that is out by then.

That is all. :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Sorry for any confusion Nigel :)
It was just an FYI in case you had saved CIS5 configuration because it won't work.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Further enough NSG001.

I understand where your coming from :) :+1:

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Added Kiss Privacy!

So far great little problem. But as Earth says for advance users, and to use carefully. So that you don't block a trust site.
It's easy done. Like logging on to malwaretips.com you can log on OK but it logs you off, since you have
malwaretips.com under block, so you would have to make it safe to log on and stay logged on until you need to log off.

Just a few tips

Regards

Nigel

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
remind me No-Script...spending more time to tick/untick than browsing ^^

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
remond me No-Script...spending more time to tick/untick than browsing ^^

I would not no since I've not tried No-Script

N

Nige_40

Thread author
Removed Kiss Privacy! it was to much hassle. I'm happy with DHT+

Plus I removed Avast 7. I've gone back to CIS 5.10. until 6.0 comes out.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I removed KISS Privacy too, while it's nice to have control, it's too much and confusing with the checkboxes.

I'll stick it out with Adblock only.

N

Nige_40

Thread author
McLovin said:
Why not use Ghostery?

I have used Ghostery McLovin. But On Reading Chiron's Blog page He suggests to have DHT+ But on the other hand he did say you can use Ghostery + DHT+ together! But they may slow you down with both Extensions running.

I have noticed that DHT+ catches more than what Ghostery does.

As in with the Tracking sites etc. DHT+ blocks access to those sites.

But what I'm going to do. Is run both again, and I will just see how much effect it is and check if it slows my load time of pages.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nige_40 said:
I have used Ghostery McLovin. But On Reading Chiron's Blog page He suggests to have DHT+ But on the other hand he did say you can use Ghostery + DHT+ together! But they may slow you down with both Extensions running.

But what I'm going to do. Is run both again, and I will just see how much effect it is and check if it slows my load time of pages.

Ahh right. Never heard of this DHT. Will have to look into it. Thanks for answering ;)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
McLovin said:
Nige_40 said:

Ahh right. Never heard of this DHT. Will have to look into it. Thanks for answering ;)

Your Welcome McLovin. :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
I'm keeping Ghostery running with Dragon. It runs well with DHT+ and I have not noticed any slow downs in loading pages.

So all is good.

Nigel

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Nige_40 said:
I'm keeping Ghostery running with Dragon. It runs well with DHT+ and I have not noticed any slow downs in loading pages.

So all is good.

Nigel
Do you mean DNT+ Do Not Track Plus?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
See you have dipped your toe into CIS beta :)
How you finding this, and is the cloud quarantining malware without the av component now ?
Interested to know.
Cheers :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
It's very good NSG001.

Plus I'm likeing the new forum page of Security Configuration Wizard :)

N

Nige_40

Thread author
I've finally got a VPN set-up, Plus I'm happy on what I have set-up on my Config.

If anyone thinks I need to add more just tell me what I need

Regards

Nigel

P.S. I have used https everywhere but it's not friendly with a few work sites I need to log into.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Since you have all the addons that I think you need. Your good to go. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.