Advice Request NordVPN discussion (Split)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
UPDATE

Currently, all of our standard servers are diskless. Having such infrastructure allows us to create a centralized network where nothing is stored locally, even an operating system. Every piece of software required to run our servers is provided by NordVPN’s secure central infrastructure. If you seize one of these servers, you’re seizing an empty piece of hardware with no data or configuration files on it.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I have just purchased NordVPN, Wow some speeds, I have not tried so many servers yet & the ones I have tried is close to home(Denmark) but the speeds was from 260-290mbps in download and my connection is 300/50, it is the same story with the upload, very very good software IMHO. :love:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have just purchased NordVPN, Wow some speeds, I have not tried so many servers yet & the ones I have tried is close to home(Denmark) but the speeds was from 260-290mbps in download and my connection is 300/50, it is the same story with the upload, very very good software IMHO. :love:
If you don't agree with NordVPN's CyberSec feature, you can use a custom DNS.

At least on Android, Adguard DNS is a decent option (free and no sign-up required).

I recommend using the APK from official website rather than Play Store.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Keeping the promise to boost our security, we're proud to announce another upgrade to NordVPN's infrastructure. NordVPN has started running its first colocated servers, which are controlled and managed solely by us. The colocated servers are already up and running in Finland, and it's just one of the steps in our plans to heighten our service's security. Last year, NordVPN started deploying diskless servers, which store no data or configurations on site.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
If you don't agree with NordVPN's CyberSec feature, you can use a custom DNS.

At least on Android, Adguard DNS is a decent option (free and no sign-up required).

I recommend using the APK from official website rather than Play Store.
Hi, @Spawn, I use the APK from the official website, now that I have it, I don't know I could do without it, I have the safe Adguard DNS enabled.

Reactions: Protomartyr and Ink

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.