Norton 360 - Light, powerful and easy to use

Product name
Norton 360 - 22.20.1.69
Installation (rating)
5.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
Friendly for home users, easy to use, but it's not top notch on design, it's the same UI with some changes since 2012. Now they get off Symantec they could redesign everything.
Performance (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Never got an head ache, equal to my parents. They added data protector shield (protected folder) to fill the gap since SONAR doesn't promp with ransomware like others BBs, I think they don't add the encryption files trigger to SONAR to avoid FPs.

I like the concept of SONAR being a cloud BB, is different from System Watcher that executes localy and can be a little heavy because of it. But because of it SONAR detection can be slow to prompt since it depends from your Internet.

Don't get me wrong, Norton blocks the unknown file or the software that are doing some malicious action, but SONAR or any notification only appears after checking in the cloud if they are right blocking.

Norton IPS and firewall is known to be one of the best. It's important to point that Norton doesn't break HTTPS connections, so browsing are light.

Nice thing: When you acces some malicious site, if you choose to continue anyway, Norton opens the web page on isolate mode in Norton servers, not on your PC.

It has a VPN and backup feature. I got a promo because I'm an old client: 250GB storage for a nice price.
Browser protection (rating)
5.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Many features
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Strong and reliable protection
    • Consistently high test scores
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Advanced users may want more control
Time spent using product
Computer specs
Windows 10, 1909
Ryzen 2400G
12GB RAM 2400Mhz
RX 580
240GB SSD
500GB HDD
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Inexperienced users
Overall rating
5.00 star(s)

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Something to remember: Norton updates still continues that "bug" when you do it manually. You don't receive all the updates, it comes in parts, so every time you click to do a Live update it comes with new things to download. 😂

But the automatic update is smooth, you don't even notice Norton is there. I never experienced some major bugs like people had with Norton and Windows updates, I will tell here if I see it.

When a new version comes, Norton asks you to apply the patch, restarting Norton services without needing to restart Windows. In that case, I like Kaspersky more because it download and it wait the computer to restart to apply the new version without asking the user.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.