New Update Norton Security 22.24.2.6 for Windows is now available!

Szellem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
It is paid, but inexpensive. There is a 15-day trial period with no limitations in functionality. Sometimes there are promotions when you get a free code for a year, but you can't guess.

The program is made in Russia, but it has a good reputation. At one time there was a scandal that Eset detected it as a PUP, but they were able to solve it. There was just a problem that they called minor registry errors as problems and Eset considered it a user scam.
Thank you for your replies. Trident to you too.
I looked for a key to it, but couldn't find it anywhere. It would be nice to use it for more than 15 days.

Reactions: Trident

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
It would be nice to use it for more than 15 days.
Bad advice: buy it as a Ukrainian, the price is better there. Or you can try resetting the trial, but I won’t teach you how to do that.😁

But try it first, I don’t guarantee that this program will be useful to you.

It's interesting that mobile Firefox doesn't understand that an emoji is a symbol, I had to open Samsung Internet to edit the message...🤯

Last edited:

Szellem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
On my old laptop, Kerish's game optimizer gave me 10 fps in conditions of trottling and 30% CPU load, and most importantly, it removed the fps spikes. Since then I don't consider optimizers useless. :) Although about norton I really don't remember whether I felt its optimizer during a year of use or not.
I have used the program today. I bought it.
The point is that it really speeds up the machine and reduces fps spikes. Last but not least, it cleaned 2.6 Gigabytes of unnecessary data from my machine.
It was worth it in Ukrainian money.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I have to say Norton is overly hated because of its past reputation. I'm testing Norton 360 for Gamers, and it's perfectly fine in all aspects.
Norton hate is outdated! It's grown so much and come so long, it's a totally different product now. A few years ago I created a thread about this: I just installed Norton in 2021 and I am impressed

In my opinion, Norton in 2024 is a top tier antivirus: fast, efficient, solid, and most importantly for many users, install and forget.

The only thing that it lacks, for me to love it, is an Application Control module. It has a different approach towards execution of unknown files, using Insight which works like KSN. While building a security network to check files' reputation is a good security measure, I still believe some default-deny is crucial nowadays for a GOOD security product.

Still, and taking into account we can count with the fingers of one hand the security suites that offer this, Norton is definitely a great choice for a consumer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.