Battle Norton Security or Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Compare list
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Norton Security
In-depth Comparison

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Hello guys. I'm stuck in a dilemma as to what I should choose for my family desktop. It still runs Windows 7 (please don't tell me to upgrade to 10 right now, I'll do it by the end of this year) and is used by my parents just to watch movies, listen to songs and for casual browsing. I have a license of SEP lying around with me but I'm a bit hesitant to Install it after hearing about the Broadcomm acquisition. Does it offer the same protection as before? Or should I switch to Norton Security (or maybe Kaspersky). I don't need the cloud backup feature of Norton tbh since I already have MEGA on the PC. So what are your suggestions? Stick with SEP or go with Norton/Kaspersky?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
If you're talking about the ESET Smart Security Premium version then yes it lacks the cleanup utilities and vpn. Eset also has no plans to include a vpn into their product. But their internet security version has few extra features that most AVs lack that is Anti-theft (for laptops), Connected home monitor, SysInspector.
Their anti-theft feature is great. I love the way Eset does things. No bloat and no browser extension and whatsoever. Only protection.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Hello guys. I'm stuck in a dilemma as to what I should choose for my family desktop. It still runs Windows 7 (please don't tell me to upgrade to 10 right now, I'll do it by the end of this year) and is used by my parents just to watch movies, listen to songs and for casual browsing. I have a license of SEP lying around with me but I'm a bit hesitant to Install it after hearing about the Broadcomm acquisition. Does it offer the same protection as before? Or should I switch to Norton Security (or maybe Kaspersky). I don't need the cloud backup feature of Norton tbh since I already have MEGA on the PC. So what are your suggestions? Stick with SEP or go with Norton/Kaspersky?
If you have access to SPEM or cloud portal use SEP it's better then Kaspersky's consumer offerings

Reactions: Brahman

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.