Serious Discussion Norton seem to become "Tears of the Era"

Norton
187 Replies 32,034 Views
As a sidenote Avast seems to be very fast to fix false negatives and false positives these days. Just yesterday I sent them a false positive on the PatchMyPC documentation pages and it was fixed in less than an hour. So if you get a false positive/negative using Norton 24, report directly to Avast.

 
Last edited:
As a sidenote Avast seems to be very fast to fix false negatives and false positives these days. Just yesterday I send them a false positive on the PatchMyPC documentation pages and it was fixed in less than an hour. So if you get a false positive/negative using Norton 24, report directly to Avast.

Did you receive a reply? In the past I used to receive replies for all FP submission but lately don't get a reply most of the times, but the FPs get fixed.
 
Did you receive a reply? In the past I used to receive replies for all FP submission but lately don't get a reply most of the times, but the FPs get fixed.
No reply at all. But both the false negative and false positives I reported were fixed in the next streaming update. One was issued around 40 minutes after I submitted
 
Last edited:
No reply at all. But both the false negative and false positives I reported were fixed in the next steaming update. One was issued around 40 minutes after I submitted
I see. Maybe GenDigital have changed Avast's policy to reply but have made sample processing faster. I'm okay with no replies if it means quick fixing (y)
 
Not possible with Avast One and it's one of the reasons why most users still prefer the OG Avast over Avast One.
I noticed that too, and find that Avast One is for the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, France, and Germany, when you try to download Avast you will get the installer depending on your location, if you are the mentioned country you will get Avast One installer, if not you will get Avast free.
 
I couldn't find any update history but after messing around with the program for some time, it looks like they added a disk defrag and finally fixed the ghost notifications. I haven't seem one all day.
The disk defrag was always in Norton. It’s calling the Windows built-in tool. On SSDs it just runs the trim command.
 
Maybe it blocked sth in that page?
Nope submitted a false positive report and in an hour or two it was removed from blacklist and I could access the main page and all the oficial pages of his other books as well... I have no idea about what caused the inclusion in the Blacklist, but it's getting far too frequent for my taste.
 
Nope submitted a false positive report and in an hour or two it was removed from blacklist and I could access the main page and all the oficial pages of his other books as well... I have no idea about what caused the inclusion in the Blacklist, but it's getting far too frequent for my taste.
But they seem pretty fast to fix FPs. In the case of Emsisoft, I need to wait 24 hours compared to an hour or two as you said.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Back
Top