Solved Nothing works to remove LookSafe

Calvin Mollett

Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2014
Nothing was found. Thx again for your time and effort.

Attachments

• mbar-log-2014-06-15 (15-16-05).txt
    2 KB · Views: 76
  • system-log.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 65

Calvin Mollett

Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2014
I am using Office 365. I see on other sites that after every possible solution people can think of the Looksafe Yahoo search remain.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
> Re-run zoek with the script below and attach here fresh zoek log results.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
createsrpoint;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\OutlookAutoDiscover\YAHOO.*;f
C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\VRLTLO19\yahoo_en-US_f_p_142x37[1].png;f
C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\IE\YF5OH3L8\yahoo_answers_en-US_f_pw_119x34[1].png;f
C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\NYJI6K4N\us.yhs4.search.yahoo[1].xml;f

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Haha, stupid Yahoo :D

Glad we did it :)

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Calvin Mollett

Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2014
The problem is back. After doing a search I was asked if I rather want to search with google.com than google.ca. I said yes - and the search went back to Yahoo. I went to setting to change the search engine back to google.ca - but that didn't help.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
> Re-run zoek with the script below and attach here fresh zoek log results.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
Yahoo;a
Yahoo;z

Calvin Mollett

Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2014
Seems to be OK now. As soon as I opened Chrome - it wanted to know if i want to go with google.com instead of google.ca ( I have set my default to google.ca).This time I stayed with .ca. Last time i went with .com the yahoo research results re-appeared.

Attachments

• zoek-results18Jun.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 138

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.