Advice Request NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Just curious is anyone out there still using NVT ERP?
I don't see people talking about it anymore. Has it fallen by the wayside?
I am not asking about the dev, who went AWOL again, I am asking about us users.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hey shmu26, I tried to use this with Defender but removed it soon after and probably won't return to it unless there's a miracle or something.

a. It's not updated for past 1 1/2 yrs.

b. As a former Insider in the Fast Ring, unless the developer pays personal attention to ERP soon, I, myself, would not risk running it in Windows v.2004. It once took HitmanPro over 13 minutes to upload over 700 new .exes and .dlls to its cloud while running a newly installed Insiders build (which would then theoretically segue to v. 2004 eventually.) So, this makes me think the potential for issues would be higher. Of course, not a fortune-teller here, though. Who knows.

c. It slows the startup process on this particular machine by about 3 seconds.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I still use EXE Radar Pro (ERP) but I have stayed with the last version in the 3 series. It is still effective as an anti-exe, when coupled with SecureAPlus, my only real-time AV. I also use OSA which can easily be user-updated by writing custom block-rules.
As usual in an oldschool manners :) Hi @bellgamin it's nice to meet you in this place :)

brigantes

Level 1
Jun 22, 2020
Fantastic news in antiexecutable software. ERP shall return to assume its position as the number 1 postion and gold standard of antiexecutables.

If anyone has not been following NVT ERP elsewhere, Andreas (RMB) and his team are working on finishing-out MVT ERP. No ETA yet but there is absolute certainty that ERP shall re-assume its position as the gold standard of antiexecutables. It is not packed full of practically worthless features and it is much less problematic than the competition.

Whether used alone or combined with H_C and it you can have the highest protections along with the best usability. As always Andreas makes ERP gold.

NVT ERP is the best antiexecutable in the Universe.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
If one wants to use it with H_C, then there is a predefined setting profile for that, that allows EXE files globally: Windows_10_Avast_Hardened_Mode_Aggressive.
It can be an interesting combination for some users. NVT ERP will cover the EXE files, and H_C will allow EXE and take care of the rest. If the EXE application installer is blocked by NVT ERP, then forced SmartScreen (the H_C feature) can be used to safely install the application. (y)
NVT ERP can whitelist applications by the Signer, which can be sometimes more convenient as compared to SRP whitelisting in the home environment.

Last edited:

brigantes

Level 1
Jun 22, 2020
If one wants to use it with H_C, then there is a predefined setting profile for that, that allows EXE files globally: Windows_10_Avast_Hardened_Mode_Aggressive.
It can be an interesting combination for some users. NVT ERP will cover the EXE files, and H_C will allow EXE and take care of the rest.(y)

So cool. So trouble-free. Usability is exceptionally good. @Andy Ful and @NoVirusThanks are the best.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.