NoVirusThanks OSArmor

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
@Xtwillight

Multilanguage support is on the todo list (but not yet initialized).

About point 2):

You can subscribe for a 1 year license and then from the "Manage Subscription Portal" you can cancel the automated subscription so it will not be renewed at the end of the 1 year.

Reactions: Xtwillight

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
@Xtwillight

About point 2):

You can subscribe for a 1 year license and then from the "Manage Subscription Portal" you can cancel the automated subscription so it will not be renewed at the end of the 1 year.
Hello NovirusThanks,
Thank you for your answers
To 1)I will be happy if there is a Multilanguage support.
To 2)SUBSCRIBERS. Systems can be useful, but they can also be negative.

Examples
SUBSCRIPTION system: Discussion with Fabian Wosar here at MalwareTips - in the Emsiforum - and via Skyp
No insight into the fact that customers also want the option that no SUBSCRIPTION system takes place automatically.
Reaction from me and some other longtime users not to buy this software anymore.

Bitdefender 2023: Received a version over 1 year that is automatically a SUBSCRIBER system.
Correspondence via e-mail, you can deactivate the SUBSCRIPTION system online via your customer account.
My reaction: Customer account for the SUBSCRIBER system deactivated, customer account deleted, software uninstalled, newsletter canceled

The whole thing is a similar strategy to that of Emsisoft.

I am a customer, I don't want a SUBSCRIBER system when I order.
I want to be able to choose a product - service - software at the time of purchase on the provider's website,
that before it comes to a purchase/contract, this service can only be purchased for a certain time without having to open a customer account to deactivate a SUBSCRIBER system.

Illnesses can be negative for you or me as a person in a SUBSCRIBER system:
Examples:
Stroke / dementia / and other illnesses that can affect single people,
are an argument against the ABONNENTEN system.
If you have one of these diseases and are single, you may forget how to use a computer, for example,
they may not even know their passwords. Or that they have subscribed to a SUBSCRIPTION system somewhere.
They would then automatically pay for a SUBSCRIPTION system that they no longer know about and cannot use.

In 2020 ca Single households in Germany ca 41% ca 16.48 million
approximately 200,000 first-time strokes and 70,000 recurrent strokes occur in Germany each year (see link to statistics)
In 2017, the number of single households in the UK was 27.2 million,
In the USA, there will be 36.5 million single-person households in 2022, including around 18 million older people

Deaths due to stroke in selected countries worldwide in 2021

Imagine you buy a washing machine or a car or a TV.
When you buy the appliance or car, you automatically become a subscriber. Or filling up at a petrol station
would automatically create a subscription.

Many people around the world are single, widowed - single - or have no one to look after them.
It is certainly good that some benefits are then received automatically, but not all benefits, especially if you may no longer know about them.

I believe that in a digital world, the digital estate is still not regulated enough, that there must be a secure legal possibility worldwide to regulate everything that should happen if the respective people can no longer do this and they have no one.

I hope I have been able to explain what I am also concerned with when I do not want a SUBSCRIBER
and instead prefer a limited time option for software or services of any kind.

deepl.com Translate

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I agree with @Xtwillight that automated subscription isn't consumer-friendly.
Besides that I don't see an option to unsubscribe. I don't even see any subscription. Isn't that weird?

Schermafbeelding 2024-01-20 194734.jpg

Edit: Now I asked them by mail to fix the empty part of my Subscription Portal.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I do not want a SUBSCRIBER
Unless the owner/developer would actually change that, and btw @NoVirusThanks reply feels very clear:
manage-subscriptions.gif

I'm neither a user or a customer of OSArmor or any other of the products from the developer, but was easy and quick to understand that PayPal is also available at the checkout as seen in the screenshot below. Personal I would simply use that if I for any reason would be worried for any " issues ". No problem to kill/stop subscriptions with.

2024-01-20_19-53-14.png

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
The current subscription rate of 19.99/year is a sweet deal. I'm not a shill trying to promote the product, as I'm only saying that it's realistically a very good deal for a solid and effective anti-malware software. In fact, NVT has offered deals every year for at least a few years now on this software. I just recently paid $17.00 CDN for a yearly subscription on it last month from a promotional deal I got two years ago.

Reactions: oldschool

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
@Xtwillight

About point 2):

Expect a 50% discount code. I would appreciate your help. You must have an offer for the loyal users of this forum and those who want to become new users

Reactions: dinosaur07

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Hello upnorth , I have understood what NothanksVirus has written. That you can deactivate the subscription via the customer account.

It would be nicer for customers if there was the option to "Deactivate the renewal service" when ordering.

Like Gdata, for example, allows customers to do.
I find that consumer-friendly

Screenshot 2024-01-21 130001.jpg

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
Edit: Now I asked them by mail to fix the empty part of my Subscription Portal.
For my PayPal account I use a separate emailadress. It's that emailadress that's used for the Subscription Portal. I had also a Subscription Portal for another emailadress that I use in other cases. That Subscription Portal stayed empty. Rather confusing. Nevertheless OSArmor is in my eyes a recommendable second layer security product.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Here is a pre-release test 1 version of OSArmor PERSONAL v1.9.3:

Here is what's new so far:
+ Fixed all reported false positives
+ Fixed a typo on the main UI
+ Various improvements on the main UI functionality
+ Added more signers to Trusted Vendors list
+ Disabled auto-resize of columns on Configurator rules list
+ Ask for password also on alert window buttons
+ Minor improvements
You can install this test build over-the-top of the currently installed version (reboot is not needed).

If you find issues or FPs please let me know.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
We have released OSArmor v1.9.3:

Here is the changelog:

[02-Feb-2024] v1.9.3.0

+ Fixed a typo on the main UI
+ Fixed wrong Passive Logging tray icon on PC restart
+ Various improvements on the main UI functionality
+ Disabled auto-resize of columns on Configurator rules list
+ Ask for password also on alert window buttons
+ Minor improvements

If you have automatic updates enabled then OSArmor should auto-update in the next hours.

Else you can install it "over-the-top" of the installed version, reboot is not needed.

In case you used test builds you need to install this final release "over-the-top".

If you find false positives or issues please let me know.

@Dave Russo

I personally don't like to compare our software with others.

They are both good products and proven to be effective, you may want to give them a try and see what is more suitable for your use case.

You may also post on the "Compare Software" thread and see what other users will reply.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
Here is a pre-release test 1 version of OSArmor PERSONAL v1.9.4:

Code:
https://downloads.osarmor.com/osa-personal-1-9-4-setup-test1.exe

Here is what's new so far:

+ Created a simple Events Viewer to better visualize blocked events
+ From the Events Viewer you can easily add a signer to Trusted Vendors
+ Added "Open Events Viewer" on tray icon popup menu
+ From the Configurator you can add a new Trusted Vendor from EXE file
+ From the Configurator you can add a new Trusted Vendor manually
+ Log files older than 90 days are automatically removed
+ Minor improvements

If you find issues or FPs please let me know.

Here is a screenshot of the OSA Events Viewer app:
osa-events-viewer2.png

And here are the new options in OSA Configurator -> Trusted Vendors tab:
osa-configurator-trusted-vendors.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
We have released OSArmor v1.9.4:

Here is the changelog:

[19-Feb-2024] v1.9.4.0

+ Created a simple Events Viewer to better visualize blocked events
+ From the Events Viewer you can easily add a signer to Trusted Vendors
+ Added options to create exclusion rules from the Events Viewer
+ Added "Open Events Viewer" on tray icon popup menu
+ From the Configurator you can add a new Trusted Vendor from EXE file(s)
+ From the Configurator you can add a new Trusted Vendor manually
+ On the Configurator you can drag&drop EXE files on Trusted Vendors tab
+ Log files older than 90 days are automatically removed
+ Improved Exclusions Helper
+ Minor improvements

If you have automatic updates enabled then OSArmor should auto-update in the next hours.

Else you can install it "over-the-top" of the installed version, reboot is not needed.

In case you used test builds you need to install this final release "over-the-top".

We added on Events Viewer some new options to ease the creation of exclusion rules:

"Create Exclusion Rule" -> Will open Exclusions Helper with all pre-filled fields.
"Copy Exclusion Rule to Clipboard" -> Will copy to clipboard an auto-generate exclusion rule that can then be pasted (and if needed modified) on Exclusions.db
"Open Exclusions" -> Will open Exclusions.db with Notepad

And on the Configurator -> Trusted Vendors tab, you can add a new trusted vendor from a .exe or .msi file.

It now supports also drag and drop of .exe and .msi files on the Trusted Vendors tab.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
We have released OSArmor v1.9.5:

Here is the changelog:

[24-Feb-2024] v1.9.5.0

+ Improved creation of exclusion rules on Exclusions Helper
+ Improved creation of exclusion rules on Events Viewer
+ Added "Remove All Vendors" on More Actions of Trusted Vendors tab
+ Minor improvements

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
OSArmor v1.9.7 released:
[11-Mar-2024] v1.9.7.0
+ Added option "Export Logs to Desktop" on tray icon menu
+ Updated NoVirusThanks License Manager with latest version
+ On "New Vendors Added" window show also filenames
+ Play system sounds when message dialogs are displayed
+ Removed Exit button on main menu of Configurator

// Additional details:
This new option in the tray icon menu "Export Logs to Desktop" should make things easier when we ask a customer to send us the log files: now it is only needed to right-click on OSA tray icon -> "Export Logs to Desktop" and a file named OSArmor_Logs_Exported.zip will be created on the Desktop folder and it can then be sent to us easily.

And about "On "New Vendors Added" window show also filenames": along with the vendor it now shows also the filename from where the vendor was extracted.
Download OSArmor for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 (32 & 64-bit) | OSArmor

Reactions: harlan4096

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
New to the product so I am trying to properly test it. Any custom rules you guys suggest increasing protection, or the developer has as covered with his options?
I enabled maximum protection and clicked a few more options that would not bother me further.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
@SHvFl

I have only used the free version and remember I enabled nearly all rules, except one (block programs running in user folders). I did enable the block unsigned processes running in user folders.

I have a rather simple software setup (Office + Chrome + 1 user application + system cleaner + data backup + image recovery) and never had any problems with OS Armor.

Reactions: oldschool and SHvFl

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I use just Basic Protection with some added rules (besides MS Defender and ConfigureDefender High).

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-20 192254.jpg

Even though OSArmor always runs on the system, it doesn't feel like a foreign and intrusive object, probably because it uses Windows embedded rules-infrastructure. And of course the software is clever engineered and very well developed and maintained.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.