Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Here is a new v1.4 (pre-release) (test15):
http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4_test15.exe
I recommend all OSA users to change the .db file format to UTF-8:
1) Open Notepad as Admin
2) Click File -> Open and select "C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\OSArmorDevSvc\Exclusions.db"
3) Click File -> Save As... and choose UTF-8 under "Encoding:", then click on Save and overwrite the existing file
4) Do the same for CustomBlock.db
.
The thing is that when you uninstall, it leaves behind the data files. And the dev wants us to update to the new format for them.Is this a one shot thing? [scratching head] Even after uninstalling prior release?
And what about Firefox 55 Nightly edition? Is it in FF Protection?
so would you use this cfoc.org list to block all these file types?
Does it protect portable versions of apps in anti-exploit tab?
Is there some popup that informs us that app which we launch is protected (anti-exploit)?
Anyone have a quick/simple explanation of how the exploit protection works? I guess nothing can protect from a malicious browser extension, unless it tries to create files, so I am just curious about how far the anti-exploit protection goes.
BTW, anyone can explain how the presence of //E: in a script is innately dangerous?
The //E: parameter is used with wscript.exe and cscript.exe and can change the script engine, for example wscript.exe can load a javascript file with .tmp extension with like "wscript.exe //E:JScript C:\file.tmp" and this technique is also used by malware\exploits.
For final release we miss:
also with all the Advanced options checked.![]()
I've only tried it 24 hours: but I'm like that of a beast. When they finish it I'll try it another way, thank you!All of them? I only have 6 for now on a clean system to see how it goes--the top three pertaining to AppData disabled specifically . That's a lot of protection enabled.![]()
Well. You are cautious. that's very good.I am not very brave...actually a wimp when it comes to stuff like this, especially since this machine is very temperamental with the Fall CU. Maybe I will check off one more tomorrow and then run away.![]()
There are no popups nothing blocked in log.
I still get slow boot with latest test16 version, I have noticed that Privatefirewall service pfsvc.exe doesn't startup automatically on boot if OSArmorDevSvc.exe is set to startup automatically, if I disable or set to manual OSArmorDevSvc.exe then Privatefirewall service pfsvc.exe is starting automatically on boot like it should. So OSArmor prevents Privatefirewall service to startup that's why I get slow boot.* Fix issues reported by @Stas (and others) on XP OS
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes