NoVirusThanks OSArmor

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I've been tempted to use cracked/pirated software but always had visions of something nasty setting up housekeeping on my machine. So, I do something similar. If I really think I need a piece of software, I cruise the many giveaway sites looking for it. Often, I find something similar, play with it for a while, and discover I didn't need it after all.
When I started in the computer world, I used every pirate, until I realized that it was not the way.
Times have also changed, now there are free programs that do the same and you don't need to hack anything.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As the thread has already been taken over: I use MS 365, I just paid £79 for 5 devices, I may or may not renew next year but at the moment need (want) Outlook - If I can't afford the money I could use free alternatives such as Libra office & others, or an older version? Whether 365 it's a scam or not no one is forcing anyone to use it. There are free alternatives. The BMW M3 is probably overpriced but no one has to have one & if you don't have the money get a KIA, walk or use a bus.

I've heard all the arguments for cracked software for over 20 years & if you can't afford it use something you can - 365 is expensive, but parts of it are unmatched, that's why I bought it. The same arguments goes for Apple products, expensive, yes, there are alternates - Using unlicensed software is no different that taking an iPhone at least in UK law. Honestly is pretty difficult to keep up, but you are either honest OR you are not.

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
There is, i can guarantee you. People who crack software don't always put malware on them.
There is a cracker community, where like everywhere, people have a reputation to maintain. In this community, if you start to put malware on your cracks, you won't be accepted for long...
You mean the private invite-only ones?

• HaHa
Reactions: Venustus and Cortex

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
As the thread has already been taken over: I use MS 365, I just paid £79 for 5 devices, I may or may not renew next year but at the moment need (want) Outlook - If I can't afford the money I could use free alternatives such as Libra office & others, or an older version? Whether 365 it's a scam or not no one is forcing anyone to use it. There are free alternatives. The BMW M3 is probably overpriced but no one has to have one & if you don't have the money get a KIA, walk or use a bus.

I've heard all the arguments for cracked software for over 20 years & if you can't afford it use something you can - 365 is expensive, but parts of it are unmatched, that's why I bought it. The same arguments goes for Apple products, expensive, yes, there are alternates - Using unlicensed software is no different that taking an iPhone at least in UK law. Honestly is pretty difficult to keep up, but you are either honest OR you are not.
There is also Linux.;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Talking about piracy, I doubt how many users here purchased a genuine version of Windows 10! 😄
You can buy licenses for Windows and Office and other expensive software for so cheap on ebay that even poor "pirates" should be able to afford it. I know this is a grey area of legality and ethics, but it is preferable to pure piracy, and safer, too.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Just curious here, is OS Armor redundant when paired with EXE Radar pro?
yes and no.

Yes because they monitor basically the same stuff, however ERP give full control to the (knowledgeable) user.
No, because OSA rules are hardcoded (and can be enabled by the user) so if using both you have less work to do on ERP.

Also:
1- OSA doesn't prompt you to allow or deny the execution of the process, OSA just blocks it and permit you to whitelist it.
2- ERP will prompt, its rules editor is more sophisticated than OSA.

Final note: OSA was made for less "advanced" user than ERP.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Talking about piracy, I doubt how many users here purchased a genuine version of Windows 10! 😄
Not many :LOL:
Take a look at these statistics from Kaspersky.....
Annotation 2019-12-19 043000.png

Statistics

71Hemi

Level 2
Verified
Dec 12, 2015
Thanks Umbra! I've been running EXE Radar Pro v.3.1 for a long time, and I'm thinking about upgrading to v.4. Anything I should know regarding v.4?

Reactions: DDE_Server

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks Umbra! I've been running EXE Radar Pro v.3.1 for a long time, and I'm thinking about upgrading to v.4. Anything I should know regarding v.4?
There are some people who never got used to the major changes in v.4, and they prefer the free v.3 beta. If you are on Windows 7, that is an option. If you are on Windows 10, go with v.4.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.