Solved Novo button dosen't boot to BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
My Lenovo z580's novo button key is glitched. I want to boot to the BIOS. When I select "Enter BIOS Utility" it boots to desktop. Any help? Thanks - Flames

P.S I've posted several posts like this but didn't get any help. I figured out those probs but I really need help on getting my bios utility to work. Any help?

EDIT:
So far I've got to the NOVO Button setup. But when I press "ENTER" it boots to the windows 8 metro or modern ui screen. Help is appertained and needed. Thanks

Last edited:
I

illumination

My Lenovo z580's novo button key is glitched. I want to boot to the BIOS. When I select "Enter BIOS Utility" it boots to desktop. Any help? Thanks - Flames

P.S I've posted several posts like this but didn't get any help. I figured out those probs but I really need help on getting my bios utility to work. Any help?

EDIT:
So far I've got to the NOVO Button setup. But when I press "ENTER" it boots to the windows 8 metro or modern ui screen. Help is appertained and needed. Thanks

Have you tried hitting the F2 key or Fn+F2 ?

Upvote 0

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I can acesse the novo button options but my keyboard (external) dosent have a FN key. :C or were can I locate it? Its not by the CTRL key. :C

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I can acesse the novo button options but my keyboard (external) dosent have a FN key. :C or were can I locate it? Its not by the CTRL key. :C
Try my first suggestion above of powering down, press and hold F2 and power up at same time, this should take you straight to Bios

Upvote 0

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Try my first suggestion above of powering down, press and hold F2 and power up at same time, this should take you straight to Bios
What do you mean? My main keyboard has a FN button which is disabled (the main keyboard not the button) but...my external keyboard doesn't..so I can't boot to the bios and how am I supposed to hold the power button and F2 at the same time because my PC boots up fast. :C I'm sorry for being annoying I just can't understand this D:

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I should have asked right off, but your external does not need a Fn key, it is a function for laptops and the smaller keyboards..

Upvote 0

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Just power down, and hold the F2 key only, and power up at same time..
I may try that out sometime but I'm kinda stressed so maybe I'll take a chill break and then I'll report on what happens.. Thanks illumination for being patient with me C: I..kinda overreact D:

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I may try that out sometime but I'm kinda stressed so maybe I'll take a chill break and then I'll report on what happens.. Thanks illumination for being patient with me C: I..kinda overreact D:
Alright, no problem.. Lenovo has a community "forum" that i think you will find, you are not alone with your issue.. During your down time, i would look into it, as you may find your answer for your particular problem via someone else that has to deal with it.

http://forums.lenovo.com/

Upvote 0

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Alright, no problem.. Lenovo has a community "forum" that i think you will find, you are not alone with your issue.. During your down time, i would look into it, as you may find your answer for your particular problem via someone else that has to deal with it.

http://forums.lenovo.com/
Will be sure to check it out. Thanks, already registered, hope to have this problem resolved by end of spring break :)

Reactions: illumination
Upvote 0

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Will be sure to check it out. Thanks, already registered, hope to have this problem resolved by end of spring break :)
Well apparently MalwareTips has faster support and nobody seems to have had the same issue that I had. Anybody know how to safely flash the bios on a Lenovo z580? Thanks - Flames

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Please read this topic apparently this is a know problem with Lenovo z580 and they are giving refunds for that model.
It would be best to contact Lenovo and ask for a refund. As long as you didn't remove any warranty stickers from the device you should be able to get a refund.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.